Cost to fly US military aircraft

Numbers numbers numbers...
Meaningless without data. In my line of work, I had to document, in detail, every data source, formula and term definition. Otherwise its a puff piece. If you can't measure it it isn't real.
What is "revenue"? "Deferred Revenue and Cost"? "Cost"? "COGS"? "Forecast"?

"I think", "it will", etc. show a lack of understanding and are pure opinion.

Basically the answer is 42, I guess.

having a relative working for our GOVERNMENT he could only say that WASTE is STAGGERING!! some expenses are necessary but not all!!
Taxpayers are viewed as fools with bottomless pockets

That's cheaper than I though, assuming it doesn't factor in the facility and necessary military crew onboard the mission?
Aircraft are like a queen bees it takes a hive to support them. Maybe we can get some of our industry professionals to give a quick over view what it takes from top to bottom to run an airline or general aircraft operation. Company and airport personnel.

$100's of dollars for a hammer, I am not at all surprised. What's it cost China or Russia to operate their airpower?

I heard that Russia wouldn't sell those Saturn engines without a complete aircraft around it. So they're paying for an entire plane that isn't going to be used just to get the engines.
I do think in the future they may collab more due to common threat (NATO), and as all military collab they are all negotiable in the final price, and nothing is permanent.

I do think in the future they may collab more due to common threat (NATO), and as all military collab they are all negotiable in the final price, and nothing is permanent.

My understanding is that they were willing to spend that amount and the Russians were willing to sell the aircraft knowing all that. But it's obviously for interim development and not likely going to be a final solution. I hear one of the biggest issues with those Russian engines is durability.

What the PLA would love - would be to get their hands on one of the engines from Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, or Rolls-Royce. However, I don't think it's really possible to reverse engineer the metallurgy of the turbine blades. That will be the tough part. However, those are at least 20 years old. Even the Russians don't have anything close.

Back