Color X on the Fusion by PC7336 orbital

Status
Not open for further replies.
got up and did the wife's daily driver today. Washed with Gold Class, dried with waffle weave MF towel, and buffed on some Color X (had to use it up) with my Porter Cable 7336 with a Sonax polishing pad.

the black part where the exhaust tips are I did with plasti-dip Thursday night. I think it looks better than the white down there. Once I polish the tips up a little, it'll set off the exhaust more.

Also, it is supposed to rain later today so if it does, I'll try and get a beading shot.

Nice and clean.

I personally find white or lighter colored cars discouraging or depressing to detail as they can never show off reflections and depth of color like darker colored cars.

I own an Alpine White BMW and I battle with this mental 'blockade'...No matter what I do, all I will know is it will be clean after I work on it, and protected...but I can never really 'show it off'...

Hopefully my next planned strategy (does include DG 501 by the way) will bring some different results.

White shows off nicely under bright lights at night. Especially if there's a dark background to create contrast.

And a polarizer/ND filter on a camera does wonders for daylight pictures.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I personally find white or lighter colored cars discouraging or depressing to detail as they can never show off reflections and depth of color like darker colored cars.

I couldn't agree more. My Montego looks much better when waxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back