Colonial Pipeline back to 66%...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colonial Pipeline is back at 66% volume, and they are on track to have 85% flow by Sunday.

I guess the Katie Courics of the world are too busy with the bad news to give us any of the good...
rolleyes.gif

This pipeline news is apparently what's driving the wholesale gasoline prices back down--in spite of it being a holiday weekend.

At my last notification (about an hour ago, 1600 EST), the regular no-lead gasoline is projected to be 25 to 30 cents LOWER per gallon on tomorrow's (Saturday's) market.

I'd say that the prices will continue to drop as the pipelines get closer to full production.

But what about the refineries?
confused.gif

I asked one of our fuel terminal managers about the condition of the Gulf Coast refineries, and he said that according to his sources, even if the Gulf Coast refineries can't get totally back up to normal production for a few weeks that refineries in Texas are slated and able to pick up the difference. This of course doesn't square with the heretofore held notion that all of our refineries have been operating at 95+ percent capability in recent months/years. The manager of the Magellan Mainstream Partners terminal in our area says that when the Texas refineries had problems in the recent past that the Gulf Coast locations made up the difference, and that the Texas refineries would be able to return the favor.

So that's the word from here. How much of it's fact will remain to be seen.
grin.gif
The Colonial Pipeline press release link is----> HERE... ...for any interested.

Dan

Thank you for the info fuel tanker man
cheers.gif

Have a great labor day weekend
grin.gif

God bless America and the survivors
patriot.gif

http://www.wtrg.com/
Plantation says oil products pipeline back at 95 pct

Fri Sep 2, 2005 9:16 AM ET
NEW YORK, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Plantation Pipe Line Co. said restored power at its Collins, Mississippi, pump station will let it operate its 620,000 barrel-per-day oil products pipeline at 95 percent capacity.

Plantation said on Friday that Mississippi Power crews completed their work on the Collins station Thursday night, and that full capacity will be available when electricity is restored at two smaller pump stations.
Plantation has been transporting about 25 percent of its daily volumes since Wednesday, the firm said.

Assessment teams had earlier confirmed that the Collins pump station and the rest of the Plantation system suffered no damage from Hurricane Katrina which slammed into Louisiana and Mississippi on Monday.

The Plantation Pipe Line system consists of 3,100 miles of pipelines that serve about 120 terminals. It transports gasoline, diesel and jet fuel to metropolitan areas in the southeastern U.S., including Birmingham, Alabama, Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, and the Washington, D.C. area.

I did not buy for the last few days figuring it would come down after the weekend. I passed on $2.79 Getty on Thurs, kinda regreted it. Good news, thanks.

Excellent news, that surely won't fit into the NBC news template. Now let's hope for great news about progress in saving peoples lives.

Sort of reminds me of the 1991 Iraq war when Saddam set all those oil fields on fire. Didn't the doom and gloom media people say it would take "years" to put the fires out? If I'm not mistaken, it took our oil workers less than 9 months. Even if we don't always like the big oil corporations, many of their workers who do the dirty work deserve a medal!
patriot.gif

[ September 04, 2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: LTVibe ]

I read last week that several production platforms were adriff or missing.
ie, not to worry.

Large assests seemed to be OK.

As of Sept,5th
one of the eight shut refineries had returned. Two of eight were flooded an will take 2 months or so.
Crude production from Gulf is back to 20%
The super tanker port ,LOOP is offloading again'
Good news for Mid-West

>I'd never heard of the IEA but they seem to be holding our chins above water.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/09/05/markets.oil.reut/
The International Energy Agency on Friday announced that its 26 members would release 2 million barrels per day (bpd) of oil for 30 days to compensate for the loss of a tenth of U.S. refinery output and a quarter of domestic crude production.

It is the first time since the 1991 Gulf crisis that the IEA has tapped government oil stocks.

The United States will auction off 1 million bpd of crude oil from national reserves while European and Asian countries were urged to release refined products.

Japan said it would supply 240,000 bpd of the total, with the release set to be mostly oil products from private-sector inventories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back