Chinesium Wix Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Its a 'global' company and economy...

So thats the excuse to offshore jobs and paying first-world prices for third world made stuff?

Cost and price have no direct correlation.

Concur with the comment.
Love your signature line.

I am on my second replacement air filter and second cabin air filter for my 2012 accent, which I have owned since June last year, and they are both WIX filters.

THe cabin air filter is made in Poland and the engine air filter was made in Korea (south).

So yeah, they source their parts from all over the world from countries that can do it for pennies on the dollar just as efficiently and I'm paying less than $15 for BOTH filters from rockauto.com. That is capitalism where I, as a consumer, save money.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Is Wix really that expensive? I thought they were on the cheaper side.

At least people get a choice. I'm stuck with expensive Mann/Hengst/Mahle stuff. No choice. $20 a pop.

My cheapo Mann air filter($12) for my E430 is made in US of A. The Wix cabin charcoal filters are made in Germany.

From a technical standpoint, I care little for the "made in" label if the company follows the same standards of workmanship consistently no matter where the plant. I don't have a big problem with a "global economy" as long as some sort of real and operational fair trade agreements are in place. Not a big fan of sending our money and manufacturing expertise to a country that bears us ill will and plays a very dirty game. We've basically emasculated ourselves at this point. We could grab those "family jewels" back but would have to endure a period of hardship during the transition back to being more self sufficient. Not sure we could endure that as many, if not most, people here don't have the stomach for hardship these days.

Originally Posted By: accent2012
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

So thats the excuse to offshore jobs and paying first-world prices for third world made stuff?

WHat's funny is that a third world country can produce first-world quality product without having unions, mandated company healthcare and regulation suck the profit off our US company CEOs.
welcome to the new usa, a 3rd world country

Wix still makes a quality filter.

I can get a US-made filter for less...pass on paying more for something from China!

Originally Posted By: vssjim
I use Wix filters daily at work and they are made at different locations around the world, just like everybody else does. I have not had any trouble with cartridge filters sold by them for any application.

I have not seen a Purolator that was NOT US-made!

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Wix still makes a quality filter.

I can get a US-made filter for less...pass on paying more for something from China!

Same here, although I would be willing to pay MUCH MORE for U.S. made products (across the board, for EVERYTHING, if it were still possible, as there are many in this land, let alone on this planet who would LOVE for that to be impossible!
mad.gif
31.gif
).

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: vssjim
I use Wix filters daily at work and they are made at different locations around the world, just like everybody else does. I have not had any trouble with cartridge filters sold by them for any application.

I have not seen a Purolator that was NOT US-made!

I just went to the garage and checked as I have a couple Purolator's and a Motor Craft. All stated "Made in the USA"
We do actually make something besides debt.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back