Chevy Blazer 4.3 Runs Good Guy Never Changed Oil !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: EricF
this guy's definetely a candidate for Amsoil!!

I think he is a "candidate" for something else...
crazy2.gif

The 4.3l is a very tough motor. My 1996 C1500 4.3 is still going strong with over 250k on it.

One of the reasons that I was happy that the new to me 2004 GMC I bought last year had the 4.3l in it. When mated to the 5 sp manual it IS great powertrain!
01.gif

I will be changing the evil oil companies products more often than the original posters subject...
48.gif

Bill

That 4.3 MUST be a tough motor- I've not owned an American car since the early '90s, so I don't know much about them.

I worked for a VW dealership years ago, and we had a customer come in with a mid 90's Jetta VR6- he said it wasn't running well, and to fix it and do whatever maintenance it needed. The car had 48,000 miles, and the service writer asked about the service history. It had none. It still had whatever was left of the factory fill in the crankcase.

When the tech removed the drain bolt, nothing came out. When he took the valve cover off, we saw why it ran poorly. What a mess, all gunked up like I have never seen before or since.

What I don't get is cars are not inexpensive, and yet many people neglect to care for them .Then, when they break (due to lack of maintenance) people say that whatever brand or model is junk. Sad...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back