CHEVRON SUPREME SYNTHETIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone on this forum use Chevron Supreme Synthetic?
If so , what is your opinion of it?
From what I've read here it is cheaper than other synthetics. I assume it is a Group III based synthetic.
Any replies are greatly appreciated.

westex

From what I've seen, anything from CVX is a good product. Chevron/Havoline are both good oils. CVX makes their own base oils and additives.

I'm using havoline synthetic. I assume it's the same stuff. I'm using it for the first time. no oil consumption in 5k in a 06 vibe toyota 1.8L. it still looks dark honey colored. I never had an engine that didn't use oil before so I'm excited to say the least.

The only place here is Western Marketing. It's a wholesale/retail marketing co. I have never seen it in any auto parts or Walmart type places.
I found the place by looking under oils in the yellow pages.

Quote:

The only place here is Western Marketing. It's a wholesale/retail marketing co. I have never seen it in any auto parts or Walmart type places.
I found the place by looking under oils in the yellow pages.

Ok,i've heard about it but yet to find it.
mad.gif

Here in Oregon. They sell it at all Chevron stations. They price it about $5.99 a quart.

anyone been able to find the base oil types for Chevron S. Syn.?

MSDS looks like GrpIII
Distillates, hydrotreated heavy paraffinic Mixture 70 - 100 %weight

what's the longest OCI anyone has ran and any UOA?

The only problem with the oil is that they don't have a marketing program like Mobil 1. Without the marketing how can a consumer make a choice. The consumer does not need facts, they needs hype. In fleet service CSS works well. CSS has replaced several better know oils and after about two years they are not going back. Chevron does not put it out in parts stores because people would buy it. Then others would show up and want some to. You have to search for CSS. That way you will appreciate it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back