CerMet, XADO and Cermax engine treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, plug and sensor fouling is a concern as well, and if it does work - is it permanent? would other oil additives and friction remove the ceramic particles that got bound to metal?

if it's not too difficult on the Audi, a compression test would also be great. and a before/after spark plug inspection

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Just because a racing team says they use a product doesn't mean is does any good or harm .I would bet the racing team is well compensated for saying they use the product, unlike you of I. It might be the greatest product why don't you try the product and let us know
banana2.gif

Just for the record, Mazda didn't use, or say they used, this product. The company is claiming that their product is effectively the same as Mazda's process. The validity of that claim can be summed up in one word: BULL!

The Mazda coating process (of the rotor and side housings) involved the application of a chrome-carbide base cermet, using a detonation gun spray. A brief overview of the project is covered in SAE Technical Paper #920309, if anyone is interested. Anyone who thinks they can achieve the same thing that Mazda did, simply by squeezing the contents of a tube into their oil, is delusional.

hahah ok zoomzoom i beat you to it. after reading this last week i bought two 10 mL syringes of Cermet on amazon for $69. Followed the instructions and after some apprehension, shot that load of clay in there yesterday.

i've only driven about 10 miles so nowhere near their 200 miles before adding the 2nd syringe, but i noticed something interesting today. My manual shift knob used to twitch or vibrate slightly to a rhythm before at idle. just a little shake from the motor vibrations as the clutch was out. Today... no vibe. i'm not kidding. i grab it and it's just very smooth, even humming but no vibe.

i think this is a better observation than seat of the pants accel, but it's only been a day and it did that. this is a LT1 camaro w/ bolt ons that just hit 100K, very well maintained but has had a somewhat hard life.

i know many of you think it's foolish but i'm giving it a shot, mostly out of curiosity

Interesting that it does something, so soon.
I have seen results from other ceramic additives, but not quite as fast.

Another thing to consider when buying it, is that it doesn't cost much.
If it last 100 000 miles.

If you use a product like zMax, you would have to pay 16 times $20, equals to $320.

Looking forward to see what it will do the next 2-3000 miles.

Last edited:
It seems like an interesting concept.

I can't believe all the people here that immediately discount it with no practical experience. Sounds a little like the 'flat-earthers' of old.

I'd love to hear some other drivers share their experience with it.

I don't think you will hear so many here at BITOG, telling about their experience with it.
The reason is simply because last time someone told about their experience, the flat-earthers crowded out of their closets, eager to show how smart they were, when they didn't dare to try it.

Back then, it was called Cermax.
Now, there is at least one ceramic additive, that has TÜV approval.
And also another additive that does similar things (but better)like the ceramic additives, have the TÜV testing.

i may have been optimistic about the stick vibe, i'm getting confused w/ the series of gumout regane and top end cleaning i did a couple months ago that made my idle very smooth, also my friends camaro that i drove a couple weeks ago had more stick vibe than my car before the top end cleaning.

so i think i wasn't paying attention to a before/after and just noticed how dead calm my stick is now... but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back