Castrol 0w-30 in Mazda6 3.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull the valve cover? You're pretty hard core! I'm afraid I'd mess up the gaskets and would need to get new gaskets if I did that. Although the 5S-FE is a bit of a sludger, it's nothing compared to the VW 1.8T or the 1MZ-FE which were really bad sludgers!

I guess if I really cared that much I could just install an oil cooler since the older Toyota designs that had those engines but also had an oil cooler never had sludge issues.

Originally Posted By: sangyup81
Pull the valve cover? You're pretty hard core! I'm afraid I'd mess up the gaskets and would need to get new gaskets if I did that. Although the 5S-FE is a bit of a sludger, it's nothing compared to the VW 1.8T or the 1MZ-FE which were really bad sludgers!

I guess if I really cared that much I could just install an oil cooler since the older Toyota designs that had those engines but also had an oil cooler never had sludge issues.

their cheap.
grin2.gif

Enjoy it! For those that don't know, GC dominates the European Formula section of the BITOG oil forums even having its own sticky there. Just a little bit of reading and you'll see why.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: fujirio
may i ask what your OCI is with the M1 oil and filter?

I run 6 month OCI's on my Mazda6. Mostly a lot of short trips, with a once a week run on the highway to prevent oil dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back