Cars that are not Selling or is it my locale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the look of the Cruze both inside and out.

If you haven't seen the inside check them out!

I see way more new Explorers than both. I don't ever see the Fiesta doing well. It's priced too high for the size. When the '12 Focus comes out, I think that will hurt Fiesta sales even more. Most will pick a stripped Focus Vs. loaded Fiesta, and the Focus will achieve very similar MPG.

It gets back to that other thread about "buy next base model up, or buy smaller loaded model". I don't see the point in a $26K Titanium Focus either. Most would pick a Fusion SEL at this price.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
It's priced too high for the size.

Correct. I am interested in the Fiesta, but the dealership prices are MORE than the Ford website listing prices. Sorry, but I won't pay close to 20K for a tiny car like that. I can get a larger car with close to the same MPG for the same or even less price. No brainer.

I don't think the sales of the Fiesta are that bad within the segment...I think the whole segment of sub-compact cars is not selling well, as compared to the compact segment.

Subcompact Sales in November 2010
Nissan Versa 6,724
Honda Fit 4,180
Hyundai Accent: 4,052
Ford Fiesta: 3,473
Chevy Aveo: 3,262
Toyota Yaris: 2,154
Suzuki SX4: 1,140
Kia Rio: 966
Scion xD: 810
Mazda2: 462

....For comparison, the Cruze had sales of 8,066 and the old Focus had sales of 13,030 for the same month. And that was the first month of Cruze sales. What it boils down to is that Americans just dont like sub compact cars in general, a certain segment of the market does, but there isn't a widespread demand. The demand is much stronger in the compact segment.

I agree, when the 2012 Focus hits, moving a Fiesta will be a tough sell. Soooo much more car for so little extra cash.

And overall, what does it really matter? When you step back and take a look at the bigger picture(remember this is a global platform) the numbers are fantastic for the Fiesta. As long as they can sell big numbers in other markets, the softer sales here can be sustained....and tooling/development costs can be recaptured. It'll just take a little longer. No worries.

"Twenty eight months ago, the new Ford Fiesta launched in Europe. To date, sales of this model have exceeded a million units, making it the best-selling B-segment car in Europe and the UK over the past two-plus years."

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/03/16/ford-fiesta-sales-crack-one-million-in-europe/

Maybe I'm in a small minority that cares, but when I sat in a Fiesta with the seat adjusted to my liking (I'm 6'), there was basically no rear leg room.

Call me crazy, but if I buy a 4 door car, I'd like to be able to use the back seat.
confused.gif

There are a good number of Fits around this backwoods town I live in. I see two every day, and know there's another around the corner. Not too shabby considering the nearest Honda dealer is 70 miles away, and there are Ford and Chrysler dealers in town. There just aren't that many Fiestas out on the roads yet. I've seen 1 Fiesta not parked on the dealer lot. It's a hatch, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back