Brady suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
I'm not a Brady fan but it is incredible you can get convicted nowadays with a phrase: "more probable than not"

Like I said earlier, it's simple deduction...if Brady didn't order the deflation, then who did? The balls didn't deflate themselves...

The running back would definitely like a ball deflated and easier to handle. The center would really like a ball that he could grip a little better to ensure he doesn't muff the snap to the quarterback....good enough for ya?

Really? Drink much Kool-Aid?

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
I don't think the suspension will stick.

And since the head coach and organization wasn't involved, why are they fining draft picks and $1M?

Doesn't really look like any of it will stick in my opinion.

Not to mention the ref's pressure gauges had bent needles and one of them read low.

I think this is a case of throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

Someone has an ax to grind and has decided that accusation and innuendo constitutes guilt.

If the suspension isn't overturned (and it likely will be), I hope Brady has the stones to call a press conference later the same day and retire!

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: qdeezie
I don't think the suspension will stick.

It will stick if Goodell wants it to stick. The union did not get the right of an independent review. So Goodell alone decides whether to rule on the appeal or allow someone else to review it. At most he will let one of his "yes men" review it.

It won'tj go to court as The NFL has its own rules which all parties agreed to. Besides the Pats don't want it reviewed as they are part of the establishment.

Quite the contrary: it WILL go to court, (will go to the NLRB first) and will probably be bounced.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
What bothers me is than the thug Goodell, the commissioner of the National FELON League hardly batted an eye.

Just remember this though: That "Felon" is smarter than all of us geniuses on this board combined when it comes to making money for the NFL. This decision and an other problems down the line will preserve and enhance the NFL's (money) success.

What price do YOU put on your integrity?

I honestly think Goodell is a sociopath.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

If the suspension isn't overturned (and it likely will be), I hope Brady has the stones to call a press conference later the same day and retire!

How can that be a good thing for New England? For the rest of the country, but not us.

That sleeze bag Rothlesberger, is still playing and the murderer Ray Lewis was celebrated as a hero in Baltimore.

Our guy asked a guy to tell another guy to let a little air out of overinflated footballs. At worst.

But that's just too much for people to take.

Last edited:
Nowhere in this report does anyone say that Brady told anyone to do this.
Not once.
It sounds like the equipment guys didn't like Brady and wanted to give him footballs with too much air just to make him mad.
Just alot of maybe,possibly,should have known,blah blah blah.
I dont see how this is upheld on appeal.
If every game was played with balls at 11 lbs,not one game would be decided by air pressure.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Not once.
It sounds like the equipment guys didn't like Brady and wanted to give him footballs with too much air just to make him mad.
If every game was played with balls at 11 lbs,not one game would be decided by air pressure.

Sure. And OJ is innocent because they didn't have enough proof. And Lance Armstrong was just evening the playing field by doping. And I didn't harm anybody by speeding, so I really shouldn't have been given a ticket.

How are the reactions of Tom Brady and his minions different than Lance Armstrong? Attack the accuser, claim they have no convictable proof, don't cooperate and project the most indignity you can muster.

Pretty easy to predict that after enough time passes, the two guys accused of tampering will spill the beans. Maybe write a book.

Originally Posted By: Burt
Not once.

Sure. And OJ is innocent because they didn't have enough proof. And Lance Armstrong was just evening the playing field by doping. And I didn't harm anybody by speeding, so I really shouldn't have been given a ticket.

How are the reactions of Tom Brady and his minions different than Lance Armstrong? Attack the accuser, claim they have no convictable proof, don't cooperate and project the most indignity you can muster.

Pretty easy to predict that after enough time passes, the two guys accused of tampering will spill the beans. Maybe write a book.

Don't you know we now live in a society where most view the wrong doers as the good guys and vise versa?

I wouldn't expect the NFL report to say Brady told anyone to do this...you ask yourself does the information meet the preponderance of evidence standard in civil cases. Many legal experts say it does whatever Brady, Kraft, Trump or anyone else says about it.

If McNally, the locker room attendant, called himself the "deflator" in the text messages, you can reasonably conclude that this was a known issue that they were reacting to and not decontextualized. The report supports this idea. Does Brady's agent want to release the full transcript of the interview?? H E L L No...but he'll be first to pipe up that the interview omits key parts that would help exonerate Brady.

The Patriots denied a second interview with McNally but seemed to be mostly cooperative other than the assigned pit bulls and Brady's understandable denial in access to his phone. My understanding is that the NFL investigator would've been happy with a call record and not content of the calls.

I'm assuming it's viewed as circumstantial by the Patriots that Jastremski, the equipment asst., mentioned talking to Brady the previous night saying that he knew McNally was stressed out about needing to deflate the balls. Yep, "sting", "witch hunt", "preposterous"...all the words have been used by the guilty many times before. It's not about guilt though...it's more about what kind of apologist and bad logician you are versus what actually happened. "Patriots won 45-7 so does any cheating really matter??"...or "Hey, Tom played better the second half with fully inflated balls so what are you crying about??...they would've won anyway." The "if I don't caught it's OK" mentality.

I tend to believe retired Hall of Famers who've piped up on this issue and not Brady's agent or Robert Kraft. It must hurt Brady that Joe Montana ( his old idol ) doesn't see things the way Tom does. It doesn't help the cause that Brady would not be a particularly good liar whether he's ultimately telling the truth that he didn't know or not.

Joe Montana?
The qb who threw all those td passes to Jerry Rice who admitted cheating by using a banned substance on his hands?
I guess Joe didn't know he was cheating?
I guess the HOF will put astericks by all those passes and catches?
Give me a break.
As far as Brady ,I would expect some more concrete evidence and actual testimony that the equipment guys were directed by someone to tamper with the balls.
It's just not there.
Just a bunch of maybes and possibilities.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I've been saying we need to rest him if we want to get another 4 or more years out of him.

If he sits out 4 games so much the better.

Dont worry. Two things his repaired ACL should have a tear soon and if Garoppolo preforms at an above average level during Tom's 4 game sabbatical Brady will find himself traded to another team for a couple of draft picks.

Not once.

Think about what you posted here. Why would someone upset their boss that could have them on the street before he put his cleats on?

If Brady is really concerned about clearing his name his texts to the "deflator" will become public record.

Read some of the texts between the equipment guys.After the Jets game last year Brady was mad cause the balls had too much air and he griped about it.
The equipment guys said just wait,they would really give him something to complain about.They said they would give him a rugby ball next time.

Read it for yourself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-is-how...-200459796.html

"No gameball was measured below 10.5 and most were in the 11s, which is within an acceptable range of natural deflation. Three of the four Colts footballs as measured by one gauge were below 12.5, although also within the weather realm (it's uncertain the NFL knew anything about Ideal Gas Law at the time)."

"Wells' report brushed this off as "miscommunication" but it's quite a miscommunication."

"The NFL either had no idea what it was doing and was just making up facts without checking or, in a more draconian reading of it, it was trying to scare and/or silence the franchise into compliance by trumping up evidence."

"What's also clear is the NFL never cared about a whole lot about the inflation levels of footballs, probably because it doesn't impact the game very much. The refs check the footballs pregame with a pressure gauge (which vary wildly) and that's about it. It's all a loose guess. In November, when Carolina and Minnesota were caught trying to doctor the footballs by warming them on a cold day, they each got a warning and everyone laughed at the story."

"The Colts sent the league an email the week of the AFC title game with concerns about the Pats' footballs. The NFL ignored it, instead employing a process so casual that there is a viable counterargument that the league never even proved the footballs were deflated."

Joe Montana?
The qb who threw all those td passes to Jerry Rice who admitted cheating by using a banned substance on his hands?
I guess Joe didn't know he was cheating?
I guess the HOF will put astericks by all those passes and catches?
Give me a break.
As far as Brady ,I would expect some more concrete evidence and actual testimony that the equipment guys were directed by someone to tamper with the balls.
It's just not there.
Just a bunch of maybes and possibilities.

Personally, I could care less about Montana other than he joined other former NFL quarterbacks who said it was improbable that Brady didn't know. Evidently, they cheated enough to know that...I guess these former quarterbacks and HOF guys can all be cheaters too since it doesn't have anything to do with the argument about Brady lying. What's concrete evidence??...for some that would only be Brady saying he knew...or for others it might be a certified, time stamped video of what went on during the period with McNally mugging for the camera...you're not gonna get either...but there may be more than a bunch of maybes and possibilities out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back