Bought another Genesis

I knew this was coming, lol :D

Did you trade the GC?
I was going to sell it but my aunt wanted it. Easy to get in and out of and it can pull a camper, so she went out and bought a camper.

We’ll see if she keeps it. She might buy something that can handle the towing better, who knows.

But I still get to use it whenever I need to pull my trailers too. I almost was putting the XJ into trailer pulling duty!

After about 7 weeks I've finally got the Genesis back from it's 2nd home, the dealership shop.

In mid-September I took it out of town and while under heavy acceleration it would fall flat on its face with no power. Could accelerate gently though. Also had an intermittent low oil pressure light come on. Oil level was fine.

Took it to a nearby dealership where it was for a couple weeks and come to find out, the aftermarket extended warranty I bought with the car requires it to go to the selling dealership. Had to pay $175 for diagnosis there.

Took it to the selling dealership and they determined it needed a new in-tank fuel pump and an oil pressure switch. Also needed a new windshield washer pump. While the intake manifold was off I had them replace the spark plugs which I provided, I had bought them last summer and then realized it was more work than I wanted to do to it.

Apparently to pull the intake manifold off and replace the oil pressure switch they had to remove the fuel rail, only to find a fuel injector seized in the rail. It was a whole fiasco for them to source a fuel injector on back order. I had to actually hunt it down. Once they finally got all that put back together, it started misfiring on a different cylinder, for another bad injector that they had to hunt down.

Finally got it back today. The warranty paid out $1,934.19 and I paid $225 for the spark plug labor. The warranty company has a special deal with the dealership on labor and parts cost. The estimate from the other dealership was going to cost a lot more.

Overall, glad to have it back so the '96 Cherokee can go back into hibernation.

7DCA49F5-385D-498A-BD7F-FBEBD7B3121D.jpeg

@Nick1994 was the $1,934 the warranty company paid out parts and labor? Sounds like they must have a killer deal with the dealership if that's all it cost for all that work.

That is a sharp looking car, especially in that color.

There's a guy from the adjacent office building who parks next to me at work sometimes that has a white one like OP's. It is a very nice looking ride. It looks fast just sitting there.

Now, will you ever buy a third Genesis?
The current G80 is too old-man, even for me.

If I did it would have to have a Hyundai/Genesis warranty and not a 3rd party. And of course used for massive discount, I got this for $30k off new MSRP. The first one I bought was $33k off new MSRP.

But I’m already getting burned out on its time spent in the dealer. Frequent but free repairs are fine since it’s a nice car, but the issue with parts sourcing sucks.

@Nick1994 was the $1,934 the warranty company paid out parts and labor? Sounds like they must have a killer deal with the dealership if that's all it cost for all that work.

That is a sharp looking car, especially in that color.
Yes that was for everything. Steep discounted rate.

You’ll have to drive it sometime

Back