Bought another Genesis

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Well here we are, I bought another Genesis. This one is a 2018 Genesis G80 Sport with the 3.3L twin-turbo, had 83k miles on it. I've put almost 2k on it so far. I really missed my 2015 with the 5.0L V8 and this turbo V6 does not disappoint. I got it in May and wanted to put some miles on it before posting. The dealer's detail team also messed up the paint on the hood upon delivery, so I just got it back today after over 2 weeks getting the hood repainted. It is such a comfortable car with great power, drives very nice.

And yes. I got the $0 deductible 60k-mile bumper to bumper warranty. ;) It'll probably need it🤣.

F9A10889-50AE-47AB-96A1-32B01D86043D.jpeg

IMHO Genesis is going to be an up and comer. They are making some very stylish rides. Hyundai is also executing on upgrading the Genesis dealership experience. For those who can and wish to spend that sum on a that type of ride, their offers are hard to beat.

Enjoy your new ride......it looks great. Please keep us posted on your maintenance journey as well.

Has your experience with Genesis been positive? They are certainly beautiful cars and appear to be good value.

Any crazy oil change requirements to maintain the warranty?
" Crazy oil change requirements". What does this mean?

Has your experience with Genesis been positive? They are certainly beautiful cars and appear to be good value.

Any crazy oil change requirements to maintain the warranty?
My last one was a bit needy. But I was also a little picky. Had a good warranty. You can read that here:

Just oil changes every 6k miles. I'll let the dealer do it. $70, I can't hardly buy 2 jugs of oil and a filter for that.

" Crazy oil change requirements". What does this mean?
Seems to me that Hyundai at one time required 3,000 mile oil changes to maintain warranty coverage. That seems pretty wasteful with modern motor oils. And if you couldn't prove you had done them, the warranty was void.

My Accord's OLM requests a change on average about every 8,000 km (5,000 miles). My BMW OLM only requested a change every 20,000 km (12,500 miles) which some think is too far for optimal engine life.

@Nick1994 says Genesis wants 6,000 mile oil changes which is quite reasonable.

Back