Bought a 223

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Astro14
In my understanding, MOA = Minute of Angle. It is a measurement of angular displacement. A pretty fine measure equal to 1/60th of a degree, which corresponds to about 1" at 100 Yds.

So, a one MOA rifle shoots within one inch at 100 yds. Pie Plate MOA?

Then a "pie plate MOA" is shooting within a pie plate diameter group at 100 yards. Not so good ...
frown.gif

I understand what you all are saying now...but the point is: "Pie Plate MOA" is tortured English.

Well, yes and no. Based on your good description, "pie plate MOA @ 100 yard" would be a more accurate way to say it to mean "10 MOA @ 100 yards". That same gun might be "side of a barn MOA @ 1000 yards".
lol.gif

It's just an expression the gun community has coined to get the meaning across that a rifle is not very accurate at all.

Not mine ... just something I found.

1/4 MOA = 1/2" group @ 200 yards.

270M700_090713_3.jpg

On an AR, I have seen the old school steel case stick in an AR chamber. However, the gun was really hot and a round was left in the chamber to cool. Only then did it cause a failure to extract. Of course it may be the sealant too..but as long as I have cleaned my Colt AR after every outing, never had an issue with commie steel cased stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back