Boeing 747 being scrapped after only 50 flight hours

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Amazed a 747, with just 50 flight hours, is being sent to an Arizona scrap yard. Must be a lot of economics to keep a 747, and to not find a buyer for this queen with only 50 hours on it.

Jalopnik: Private Boeing 747 With Just Over 50 Flight Hours Scrapped.

Amazed a 747, with just 50 flight hours, is being sent to an Arizona scrap yard. Must be a lot of economics to keep a 747, and to not find a buyer for this queen with only 50 hours on it.

Jalopnik: Private Boeing 747 With Just Over 50 Flight Hours Scrapped.

So it was a new 748 even though the picture is a 744 … That’s sad …

Why would they scrap her? I would have thought she would have been parked and slowly stripped for parts.

Taking the Dog, Horses, a vehicle to save on the car rental costs. Maybe live in the plane like an RV . Think big or go home. About 10 years ago I was hanging out with a friend who was an airline pilot [ retired] and medtioned we need to buy a 747 since they were [cheap] to buy. I mentioned we could get some of your hoodlum Airline pilots to join in and have a 747 to pick up on the women, He went through all that was needed and the government expenses . I said lets buy it and run it . What is the government going to do and if there is a problem let the bank repo the plane. I want some 747 steering time! He said I have known you since the 8th grade and you are still an idiot! True story. These days I think a Turbine powered crop duster plane is what I want. They crash reallt safely.

Last edited:
A 747 being used as a private jet? Ridiculous no matter how much money one has.
Parked near us was Crown Prince Bin Fist Bumpin’s weekender

BAADDBC2-DEC3-4BD7-B578-FA5E42D54A53.jpg

I don’t know - why ?
I have tracked numerous Royals from that region visiting Houston for medical treatment. Seems the Royals from that region have great confidence and trust in the Houston based physicians and facilities. I speculate the Houston medical district has some very high end patient rooms- or should I say suites.

I have tracked numerous Royals from that region visiting Houston for medical treatment. Seems the Royals from that region have great confidence and trust in the Houston based physicians and facilities. I speculate the Houston medical district has some very high end patient rooms- or should I say suites.
Okay - yeah - have seen folks from all over at the medical center - but that photo is from Limassol

Reactions: GON
Back