Best place to get drain plug washers?

I would measure the one you have currently installed and buy the same size.
Also, usually searching for the Honda part number will also return aftermarket options that fit that part number.
I would not waste money on dealer washers, it’s a total rip off.
Kinda depends on the car dealer though. My local Toyota dealer gets $1.63 for a drain bolt washer....I was in Oregon last fall and stopped at a dealer that sold the factory filter for only $5 (my local wanted $8) and they give the washers away free with each filter purchased. I bought six. :)

I have a 2012 Honda Civic LX with the R18 engine. My first two times changing oil I reused the crush washer but I noticed a very small leak from the drain plug this last time I changed it.

Where is the best place to get the washers from that is reasonably priced and good quality?

Amazon, Rockauto, 1a Auto, etc?
NAPA

So I'm not happy with my refurbished washer. My limit for washer thickness is 1.5mm. 😛

New washer dimensions
OD 19.87mm
ID 16.02mm
thickness 1.9mm

used washer dimensions
OD 20.87mm
ID 16.94mm
thickness 1.17mm

To be fair the new washers start out with up to 0.2mm difference in thickness between units. Loose manufacturing tolerances! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I don't want to nitpick but even normal washers get crushed when torqued properly. Compare my before and after measurements in my above post. I think a washer made from 18k or even better 24k gold would seal really well. :cool:

Crusher warshers for the win! I hear you can turn them around and resuse them, but that's above my skill level.
Last Toyota filters I bought had warshers taped to the box. Kinda nice...

I have a 08 Corolla I bought new I have never changed the washer and it has never leaked.
Non-crush copper washers last a VERY long time so long as you're pretty consistent with torque on the plug. I've ran original ones to about a quarter million miles before changing them for example.

We bought a Odyssey in 2004 in Western Washington. My son was going to Gonzaga and I stopped at the Honda dealer there for oil, filter and washer. Instead of the aluminum washer Honda recommended, they sold me a copper one that looked like an O ring. I liked it so much I only use them since then and just buy them over the phone with a credit card. Since the last time I bought 100 of them, I don't know if they still sell them. They work great and I do not reuse them.

Back