Best dino on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fordranger03

do you eat the same thing every day? [/quote]

Fuel is the engines food.

My dog eats the same food everyday, seems to be doing fine.[/quote]

LOL...nice

To answer the OP's question, it my opinion that the best bang for your buck is an HDEO i.e. a diesel rated oil, with a CI-4+ or CJ-4 rating.

-Rouphis

Man-o-man has Pennzoil passed out 100's getting the YB name dropped every second of every day???

I have had good luck with Mobil 5000.

If you consider Valvoline Maxlife Blend a Dino, then thats my choice. If not probably Castrol GTX. Followed by Valvoline A/C in the White bottle.

Valvoline, who officially can certify oils for API specifications, found that their conventional oils were more shear stable than all competing brands.

Originally Posted By: Bambam
Man-o-man has Pennzoil passed out 100's getting the YB name dropped every second of every day???

I have had good luck with Mobil 5000.

Exactly lol...you will thing some of these people are getting paid...

Wow. Anybody else remember about 3 years ago? This same topic would have been loaded with "Chevron Supreme". Different year, different flavor of the month!

Originally Posted By: D Bone
Wow. Anybody else remember about 3 years ago? This same topic would have been loaded with "Chevron Supreme". Different year, different flavor of the month!

I wasn't around then but you are right. The best oil is whatever is the cheapest. I change brands of oil all the time. I was using MC5k and Vavy ML. I'm finishing up my NAPA dino stash right now. Tire Plus had some of their Kendall Syn Blend oil on sale so that's in my car now. Once I'm to my next oci, I'm going to use the Havy DS dino oil that was on sale recently.

I remember! Not knocking any oil but man when the mob mentality gets rolling, look out!

I remember reading posts of guys driving over 1hr each way, to find the nearest Costco so they could run Chevron Supreme!
crazy2.gif

I really like this site, and visit daily, but I've learned to take most of what I read with a grain of salt. That way, I still get most of the "good" info, while filtering out the hoards of bea-S.
29.gif

anything that is on sale, around $1 quart or less, then take it to the prist to have it blessed, I will bet money you will double your mpg, your car will make 100 hp extra....

thats what my old beater uses is 5w-30 chevron supreme, I bought it at .79, i dont know what I'll use when I run out, probably another quality name brand thats on sale, but I have 3 cases to decide that.....

I remember reading posts of guys driving over 1hr each way, to find the nearest Costco so they could run Chevron Supreme!
crazy2.gif

I really like this site, and visit daily, but I've learned to take most of what I read with a grain of salt. That way, I still get most of the "good" info, while filtering out the hoards of bea-S.
29.gif

Yeah I use to get caught up in the flavor of the month club,had over 200 quarts of GC at one time. Had a moment in Wally world the other day and almost purchased some YB,after picking one up,I said what are you doing??? Almost got caught in the hype AGAIN!
grin2.gif

I am sticking to sale stuff from now on.

Schaeffers,look at the numbers .But most any quality oil at 5,000 mile oil changes is more than is needed cept shaeffers will go so much farther .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back