best "cleaning" oil?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO seafoam or harsh chemicals!! You dont want that stuff to flake off in your engine. Try a couple short runs of PYB and MMO then switch over to ultra if you want.

Last edited:
Rotella T6.
Diesel oils usually have higher detergent content.And T6 is also a diesel oil which meets SM standard for gasoline engines.
You can get a gallon at WM for approximately $20.

T6 would be good also yes. keep in mind this isnt a quick cleanup. it's going to take quite a few short 3000 mile runs to take hold

wuts pyb? keep in mind this BMW hold 7 quarts so thats alot of oil to buy lol i would have to by 2 gallons of t6 lol

Pennzoil Yellow bottle, For going short intervals with MMO it's a great way to go to get the cleaning action your looking for. 6qts PYB and 1qt MMO

2 gallons? 40 dollars.Not bad. :D

DieselTech, I was going to buy T6 myself but I was lured by M1 0W-40 sales at autozone.Just for the sake of the M1 oil filter in the deal. 29.99 for 5 qts.

My car is a 1994 Geo Prizm, not a BMW but I believe if you treat your car the best you can it treats you better even. :) So I spend the extra dollar for synthetics.

That Bimmer need some short runs so any syn is really a waste of good money. T-6 will work but you can get the job done for for less. I'm saying likely 3 OCI with YB and MMO, then switch to a good syn and let it do the rest.

For the engine that bad, I would use 1-2 quarts MMO in it now then change oil in about 1k miles, at that time use 5 quarts HDEO 15W40 with 2 quarts MMO for 2-3k miles, do these short OCI 2-3 times to rid of all the sludge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jerzey
why PYB and not the ultra..???

cause your doing short intervals with the yellow. it would be a complete waste to use ultra for a few thousand miles then changing it out. unless your baller or something

Originally Posted By: aznboi24
why PYB and not the ultra..???

cause your doing short intervals with the yellow. it would be a complete waste to use ultra for a few thousand miles then changing it out. unless your baller or something

Baller
lol.gif
, shot caller

in that case wouldnt even cheaper oil work? like house brand walmart oil?

No becaue YB has a lot of detergent in it, when alot of Store brands lack in the additive package, Clean 5000 has good cleaning ability also

i think thats what i will do then! no one recomends for me to add some seafome to my M1 that i have in there now for 1k then do the short oci's?

No seafoam will thin your oil way to much and it's pretty harsh. If all of that stuff flakes off where do you think it will get stuck at......Oil Pickup.

Do this, get your YB and MMO, run 3K on it and change it. Cut the filter open to see how it's going.

i think thats what i will do then! no one recomends for me to add some seafome to my M1 that i have in there now for 1k then do the short oci's?

I definitely recommend using some before you change the oil. I've used it in the past with great success. Follow the directions on the can and you'll be fine.

I would pour in the recommended amount and drive around for 15 minutes, then change the oil. Do this before your next few OC's at least. Maybe leave it in longer next time around.

It's not too harsh. It's made to go into the oil. What you are looking to do is exactly what Seafoam is for.

What oils were run in it before?

Rotella T6, Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra and Redline would be good choices. So would Mobil 1 oils. Ever seen a dirty Mobil 1 engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back