Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Air Force 1 is for sale.

Better yet .. run for President
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: fredfactory
Qantas NY-LA domestic

I don't think that Qantas can sell tickets for this as a free-standing leg, only as a continuation for those booked for travel from OZ.

We caught Wunala Dreaming to NY from Sydney back in 2010, she looked a bit worse for wear out the window stopover in LA, and was a bit smelly by the time that we got to NY.

For those that aren't aware, I', a big Maiden/Dickinson fan (used to be a mod on screamforme)...

It's nearly worth paying a holiday to go to Cardiff Aviation (another of Dickinson's solo works), and being taught to fly one

http://www.cardiffaviationtraining.co.uk/our-training/our-courses/

That's a very reasonable price for what you get.

UAL will sell you a simulator ride. Two hours, with instructor, in the airplane of your choice (747-400, 777, 767, etc.) for $1500.

Twenty hours for roughly $3K? Seems quite cheap if I'm reading it right...

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Fly on Delta to Honolulu. You'll fly to Atlanta, maybe on a 737,757, etc, then a 747 from Atlanta to Honolulu. Not CONUS, but still a domestic flight.

Best answer there.
That might be the only domestic flight! Does seem a 747 would be great on the long Miami-Seattle route too, although don't know if they are flyin it there.

I first flew transatlantic in a 747 (it was known as a Jumbo jet back then) in 1975.
The upper deck was a Bar, accessed via spiral staircase.

Back then, most of the passengers, it seemed, smoked. and men wore suits when flying.

The downside was, luggage carousels at most airports, could not handle all those people arriving on one flight.

Only 40 years ago, and crossing the Atlantic was kind of a Big Deal.

Just thought I would dig this thread back up to mention that on Sunday, November 29th Delta will be flying two round trips between ATL and MSP on 747-400s.

Mission accomplished.

Happened by accident - code share flight at lowest cost for work, but it happened.

IMG_9083.jpeg
IMG_9085.jpeg
IMG_9092.jpeg

IMG_9088.jpeg

(Not for me unfortunately)

IMG_9097.jpeg

I have to say, for being in the cheap seats in the back, this plane is very nicely spacious and comfortable. Far better than the British Airways flight I had from LHR to my destination, and more comfortable than the 787 I went across on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back