Berrymans b12 chemtool cleaning injectors

So the boat didn't get used much this winter other than starting up on the trailer once a month or so. Anyways once I did get it on the water the first time it didn't want to get out of its own way past 2500 rpm. It was starving for fuel. I think the fuel was getting too old. The tank holds 118 gallons and I don't trust the fuel guage so I just top it off every 3 boat rides or so. It ran good after I restarted it I think so next trip out I added a bottle of berryman b12 and haven't had an issue since. What do you think happened? Maybe one injector clogged? It's a marine gm350 engine mpi it was like someone had a potato in the exhaust

Berryman B-12 is great stuff. I use it every so often when I fill up my cars and the motors run noticeably smoother. I've used B-12 to successfully clean a fuel line that had completely gelled up on an old VM Beetle my Sister had me restore! It's good stuff.

If I remember correctly, each can treats about 20 gallons, so you could use a LOT more B-12 in your tank if you wanted to use it per recommendations. I buy mine at WalMart. I've found they have the best price.

Ed

Berryman B-12 is great stuff. I use it every so often when I fill up my cars and the motors run noticeably smoother. I've used B-12 to successfully clean a fuel line that had completely gelled up on an old VM Beetle my Sister had me restore! It's good stuff.

If I remember correctly, each can treats about 20 gallons, so you could use a LOT more B-12 in your tank if you wanted to use it per recommendations. I buy mine at WalMart. I've found they have the best price.

Ed
autozone wanted $9/ can compare to Walmarts 4.99 I figured a slow gradual clean was better anyways to prevent filter clogging

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought two 15oz cants. My thought was to use 5oz for my 5 gallons of fuel for OPE equipment and use the rest for my 2017 jeep grand Cherokee. 1oz per gallon for small 2 stroke tools recommended. Would 1oz per gallon be okay for a vehicle?

Back