Beastly Mobil 1 Delvac 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, come to think of it they used to have some "exclusive of carrier fluid" disclaimer on the label.

The price is pretty attractive up here, too. For those interested, it's got the Ford number on it.

Rollins: With respect to typos, I've seen way, way too many of those on data sheets over the years. Some are obvious and some a little less so.

Thanks Garak ,I remember the older 5w-40 Delvac 1's having 4.1 and later 3.9cP HT/HS viscosities. Some competitors' PDS's list >3.9 cP viscosities too for Volvo VDS 4.5 certified 5w-40 oils so this 3.8cP is probably not correct - like the weird pour point of -30 Celsius on some PDS...

These things happen. Error or not, I've seen far worse!
wink.gif

Just can't find it readily available near me, plenty on 5w40 on the shelves though. Coldest I've ever started the truck was (-19) unplugged, 5w40 Delvac 1 still did fine.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
It has an HTHS of 4.1cP
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

Yes. Beastly indeed. Keeping this oil in mind for next winter, if it's not too expensive. The MRV is pretty outstanding considering the high HTHS.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
It has an HTHS of 4.1cP
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

Yes. Beastly indeed. Keeping this oil in mind for next winter, if it's not too expensive. The MRV is pretty outstanding considering the high HTHS.

I noticed that too!

Originally Posted by A_Harman

I don't know what the cost is in the States, but if you visit Ontario, Imperial Oil should have some pretty good pricing; at least it was good last time I checked Imperial Oil. I do remember in one thread that Doug Hillary had stated he'd gladly have used the Delvac 1 0w-40 of the contemporary vintage had it been available where he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back