BB Machineguns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here remember the short lived Larc BB Machinegun? I bought one when they first came out and it was a blast. It was designed to run off a can of Freon but we know what happened to the Freon so I adapted mine to run off compressed air (scuba tanks) and upped the pressure to approx 100psi. At that pressure and given a constant supply of bb's it probably did reach the reported firepower of 3000 rounds per minute. I know that it would erode the throat on the stainless steel barrel in less than an hour of constant use so I used to carry several spares. I also used to confuse the heck out of the clerks when I would buy bb's by the case (150,000 rds) and come back the next day for some more. It was just a toy but it got the Dallas SWAT Team called out on us one day where we were firing in a creek. Someone evidently heard or saw us and thought we were terrorists using a silenced machinegun and called in. Dallas PD took it VERY SERIOUSLY. After everything was straightened out and they released us they gave us this piece of advice. Be bery careful because the next time the responders might shoot first and ask questions later.

This thread is useless without a link to a video of said beer bottle killer!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
I really shouldn't be posting this...

http://www.airgundepot.com/eaa-drozd.html

be careful and don't kill animals unless you need to eat them!

I like the first video, finally a fun way to get rid of old CDs.

What's the muzzle velocity on those? I looks like more than my old "It'll put your eye out" Daisy Red Rider.

I like that new bb machine gun they had on future weapons recently for non leathal use in crowd control. Cant remember its name but it was co2 powered and I believe it shoots over 1,000pm, it may shoot 3,000pm I just cant remember. Shoots plastic bb's for crowds and steel bb's for glass penetration ect. It was sweet watching it blow those targets to smitherineez. It'd be a lot of fun with all the squirrels I have around here.

They have them, airsoft and those things sting like heck when you get hit. I had one of those BB machine guns, they woul;d really lay them down, but the Freon got cold too quick, what you did was genius with the air tanks. Those were the days you could buy freon for .50 to a dollar a can at the local department store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back