Battery tester

thanks for the update about the batteries... about your battery, ever think of getting a battery tender and charging up the battery from time to time? That way you'd save money in the long run with a battery that wouldn't be undercharged for a long period of time resulting in replacement every 2 years.. be cheaper to charge it up instead of buying expensive batteries.. just a thought. :)
If I'm not mistaken, the battery tender's algorithm goes by voltage. So, if one maintains a bad battery with a tender, and goes to test it, the battery tester uncovers that it still doesn't have the current and needs to be replaced. Don't get me wrong, when we do the good/better/best type of thinking, "REPLACE" doesn't mean if you don't your car is DOA. My Costco battery in the Lexus was just that, I replaced when I got around to it, maybe 6 mos. later. The tester will still show CCA. For example, if our sugar is 101, that's over the limit. 99, fine. But they are essentially the same, know what I mean?

I got this during the pandemic for $126, joke price.

I always wanted one in case I coded my car, where the electrical should be maintained externally. Just in case something happens, the DME isn't bricked. Like a shop would do or say a car in the showroom with electricals on for people to try.)
I tested it by turning on headlights, rear defrost, and fan blower, and got it up to over 20A. Voltage was clean and clamped down (I think 13.6v). This has to be the case or expensive RV appliances could get fried.

thanks for the update about the batteries... about your battery, ever think of getting a battery tender and charging up the battery from time to time? That way you'd save money in the long run with a battery that wouldn't be undercharged for a long period of time resulting in replacement every 2 years.. be cheaper to charge it up instead of buying expensive batteries.. just a thought. :)

ever think of getting a battery tender and charging up the battery from time to time?

I have a Noco Genius 5 amp I did charge it when I first bought the charger, probably about a year ago, and also in November, when the BMS light first came on, and it then it came on again, about a week ago. I think I'm going to start charging my battery every month..

ever think of getting a battery tender and charging up the battery from time to time?

I have a Noco Genius 5 amp I did charge it when I first bought the charger, probably about a year ago, and also in November, when the BMS light first came on, and it then it came on again, about a week ago. I think I'm going to start charging my battery every month..
ok cool you do have one.. perfect.. ya with the battery prices going higher and higher all the time, might save ya some money and less stranded in the future. (y)

@researcher
Purchased a battery this afternoon, also received the new Ancel battery tester the first picture, is from the old one, second one is from the one I received today.. They are both very close. It's good enough for me..

IMG_20240121_150153982_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240121_150428643_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240121_145959749.jpg

Last edited:
@researcher
Purchased a battery this afternoon, also received the new Ancel battery tester the first picture, is from the old one, second one is from the one I received today.. They are both very close. It's good enough for me..

View attachment 199722

View attachment 199724

View attachment 199731
Thanks for the update!!

did you try the CA (cranking amp) test instead of CCA? The battery you're showing looks like CA is at 1045amps, the first picture looks much closer to that reading, plus most batteries are about that much above the CA when new.. Which Ancel are you going to keep? I'd say the unit in the first picture, I'd keep. which I think you said was the one you already had, before the new one was ordered.

Thanks for the update!!

did you try the CA (cranking amp) test instead of CCA? The battery you're showing looks like CA is at 1045amps, the first picture looks much closer to that reading, plus most batteries are about that much above the CA when new.. Which Ancel are you going to keep? I'd say the unit in the first picture, I'd keep. which I think you said was the one you already had, before the new one was ordered.
Believe it or not that is cold cranking amps.. that battery is putting out way above, what it's supposed to.. I decided to keep the second one.. they're both really close anyway..

Believe it or not that is cold cranking amps.. that battery is putting out way above, what it's supposed to.. I decided to keep the second one.. they're both really close anyway..
well glad you found one that works for you and you can trust what it says. ya it'll be interesting to see how the battery after it's cycled a couple of times under use how those reported amps come down to the spec. I've seen it happen with my own battery.

@researcher yeah I will post the results, after I install the battery at this point it might be spring, 🤣 hoping to get around to it within the next day or two, just want it to warm up a little bit.. I have a blower motor here that needs to be installed as well, but then all of a sudden we got this cold spell, thank God it works it just squeals.

Inexpensive storage case, if anybody needs one, they are located on eBay, I just ordered one for my Ancel, if my OBD2 fits in there, I will order another one..

Good deal. Yeah, the Ancel name on the case not worth price premium. Glad I no longer have to mess with attempting to put the Ancel back in the original package. You may have caused the sell out at both places. 😆
Right after I posted that one, on Amazon it's sold out then they came back in stock then they sold out again.. then I had to start looking for another one.. LMAO 🤣😅

Right after I posted that one, on Amazon it's sold out then they came back in stock then they sold out again.. then I had to start looking for another one.. LMAO 🤣😅
ya great find on ebay! I think you need a commission on sales, you're causing them to all sell out quickly!! :ROFLMAO:(y)

Back