Battery tester

Be interesting to see the results.. When you do test this time, can you include the resistance number that is included in the test results? See if those all measure the same..
I emailed Moto power early this morning, they are actually located in Lewes Delaware, I'm in Dover Delaware, they never contacted me back. I called Topdon excellent customer service. He explained to me, that the AB101 and the 100w is the same tester, except the 100w is Bluetooth capable, otherwise it offers the same features.. So I ordered the AB101. And I will post the results..

@Donald MotoPower is supposedly located in your neck of the woods..

Also, looking at the TopDon unit, it has the same exact display font/text as the Ancel! I bet it's the same exact electronics inside, this will be interesting to see the results.
If you look on Amazon, a lot of them do.. LMAO 🤣😅 what's funny is that case that I posted, that's the company that is selling the Ancel tester on Amazon..

If you look on Amazon, a lot of them do.. LMAO 🤣😅
Yup.. that's the chinese for ya, one company makes it, others slap their name on it. Here you buy the ancel but now it's turned into a major research/testing project.. Why do you get to have all the fun?! lol
I emailed Moto power early this morning, they are actually located in Lewes Delaware, I'm in Dover Delaware, they never contacted me back. I called Topdon excellent customer service. He explained to me, that the AB101 and the 100w is the same tester, except the 100w is Bluetooth capable, otherwise it offers the same features.. So I ordered the AB101. And I will post the results..

that's good to know about their customer service.. moto can't even be bothered to email ya back!? ya I can see why you bought the Topdon..

This is a pretty interesting video, the Ancel is fast, very nice as well..

Thanks for the video.. It does bring up a good point about my ancel, even though it's not the same version they tested.. On my ancel it has said "bad battery" but I look at the resistance numbers and voltage (also verified with my multimeter). If it says that, I then put the battery on my battery tender, check it after charging. If the resistance is still high, I'll let the battery sit for awhile (couple days if I can) and then see if it's losing voltage.. if so, then yup the tester was right. I have also seen where the resistance gets up towards 10 (Mohms) that's a sign the battery is going bad. That's when the ancel was on the edge of saying good or bad battery. I look at the raw data not what it's recommendation is.

I have had many batteries (Even on the $2000 midtronics) test much higher than the specs, that has been a trend over the past couple of years. It eventually comes down to the spec after using it for a couple months. Someone had an explanation for it, but I forgot why. My point is, don't freak out if the testers keep showing MORE amps than the spec, it's normal lately.

That Ancel definitely appears very fast. But it's not like I'm testing, a bunch of batteries..
That's another company you can't get a hold of.. LOL But it sure is nice. 🤔🤔

Lewes DE is almost all tourist stores and shops. And Beebe hospital. Did not know there was a place selling battery testers.

@researcher here are the results, first of all, the TopDon I was not impressed with the screen clarity, the cords were shorter, felt very cheap, but anyway here are the results..

IMG_20240118_181603883_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240118_182028985_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240118_183121010_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240118_183303454_HDR.jpg

@researcher here are the results, first of all, the TopDon I was not impressed with the screen clarity, the cords were shorter, felt very cheap, but anyway here are the results..

View attachment 199229

View attachment 199231

View attachment 199234

View attachment 199235
dang that's some good results, 3.32mOhms.. wow that's really low, most of the batteries I've had are around 4.3mOhms. and 904CCA, yup see? It's still testing above the rated amps, like most of the new ones lately. What was the resistance testing on the Ancel you have? I bet it was a slightly higher reading which would result in a higher CCA calculation. Which one are you going to keep? Or just order another Ancel and compare results?

Thanks for the update!!

dang that's some good results, 3.32mOhms.. wow that's really low, most of the batteries I've had are around 4.3mOhms. and 904CCA, yup see? It's still testing above the rated amps, like most of the new ones lately. What was the resistance testing on the Ancel you have? I bet it was a slightly higher reading which would result in a higher CCA calculation. Which one are you going to keep? Or just order another Ancel and compare results?

Thanks for the update!!
That's from the Ancel & the TopDon, the Ancel readings, are the first 2 pictures, what I'm going to do, is return the TopDon and order another Ancel I believe.. The TopDon I know it's definitely being returned, that was packed up right after I used it..

That's from the Ancel & the TopDon, the Ancel readings, are the first 2 pictures, what I'm going to do, is return the TopDon and order another Ancel I believe.. The TopDon I know it's definitely being returned, that was packed up right after I used it..
ok I missed that part, thanks for clearing that up (pictures). Looking again at the pictures..after some rest, the results are very close between the two. Have you been able to verify that voltages with a separate multimeter? Either way I bet the next ancel is the same result as the first. How would I know this? When I tested my friend's ancel it was identical to mine. At least now you know the TopDon unit was really cheap quality.

I gotta say again that I'm really impressed with this battery you're testing, that's some really low resistance!! Maybe I missed it, what battery is it that you're testing? How old is it?

Many on here have the Ancel BA101.
I didn't know the model I had but yes, that's it! No complaints. I basically do a load test so I know what condition my battery is in.

I find the CCAs far exceed the rating, when new, because it's usually 50F or higher when I'm testing it....

Then as they age, I see the CCA go down and the resistance climbing.

At $34, imho worth it--right now, it has another 30% off so it's $24. no-brainer

ok I missed that part, thanks for clearing that up (pictures). Looking again at the pictures..after some rest, the results are very close between the two. Have you been able to verify that voltages with a separate multimeter? Either way I bet the next ancel is the same result as the first. How would I know this? When I tested my friend's ancel it was identical to mine. At least now you know the TopDon unit was really cheap quality.

I gotta say again that I'm really impressed with this battery you're testing, that's some really low resistance!! Maybe I missed it, what battery is it that you're testing? How old is it?
It's a battery in my Ford Edge, it's about 2 years old, my BMS light is on, that will come on, when the battery is under 40% of a charge. I am replacing the battery this weekend, I was going to do it today, but we got a little bit of snow that rolled in, so I'll probably just wait till tomorrow.. The battery is about 2 years old the brand name on it is Precision, it was manufactured by Stryten battery company if I am not mistaken.. it is a group 65 series. I will probably be going to Walmart tomorrow and picking up an EverStart Max. Which is the same thing as a Deka Gold.. I contacted East Penn 👍😊 Same battery different sticker.. same thing for Napa and Sam's club!! Just some of them offer different warranties..

It's a battery in my Ford Edge, it's about 2 years old, my BMS light is on, that will come on, when the battery is under 40% of a charge. I am replacing the battery this weekend, I was going to do it today, but we got a little bit of snow that rolled in, so I'll probably just wait till tomorrow.. The battery is about 2 years old the brand name on it is Precision, it was manufactured by Stryten battery company if I am not mistaken.. it is a group 65 series. I will probably be going to Walmart tomorrow and picking up an EverStart Max. Which is the same thing as a Deka Gold.. I contacted East Penn 👍😊 Same battery different sticker.. same thing for Napa and Sam's club!! Just some of them offer different warranties..
that's just insane, that low of a resistance and it's still dying.. I've heard that the newer cars never fully charge the battery and they die early deaths. Something about trying to save fuel, stupid if you ask me. I can see why people put the newer car's batteries on battery tenders to charge them up!

wow never even heard of stryten batteries, but you're going to get an everstart maxx, that's cool.. Yup I have one too, mine is a clarios/varta from europe (made in spain), they had a shortage of north american made batteries so they went to europe it seems. That was last year, this year looks like they're back to n. american made.

yup they just slap a different sticker on for whichever retailer it's going to. can't wait to see the results of the new battery! I always pick the one with the lowest resistance and highest voltage when new.

Last edited:
EDIT: ok I just looked up Stryten, whoa.. they are an industrial supplier of batteries, seriously big ones! even for the military! No wonder I've never heard of them, I am only into consumer-grade stuff.

What I understand they manufacture Continental batteries.. that's exactly what's happening.. the alternator, stops charging let's the battery do the work, then starts charging again.. and that's why I end up replacing my battery every 2 years.. and it's pretty much like clockwork... And since I don't drive a whole lot.. . Probably doesn't help.

What I understand they manufacture Continental batteries.. that's exactly what's happening.. the alternator, stops charging let's the battery do the work, then starts charging again.. and that's why I end up replacing my battery every 2 years.. and it's pretty much like clockwork... And since I don't drive a whole lot.. . Probably doesn't help.
thanks for the update about the batteries... about your battery, ever think of getting a battery tender and charging up the battery from time to time? That way you'd save money in the long run with a battery that wouldn't be undercharged for a long period of time resulting in replacement every 2 years.. be cheaper to charge it up instead of buying expensive batteries.. just a thought. :)

Back