Batteries - why no forum here (or am I blind?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of looking for a new battery for my Scion. The battery date is now 5 years old.
So, while it's working OK, I'm looking to possibly preempt any dead battery misery before I start taking my usual road-trips this summer.
Any ideas here?
I've considered the Optima red-top, but really, don't think I need an almost $200 battery.
I see the Die Hard's have a good rep, but they don't have the exact size I need, and I don't like fudging parts.
I see some good reviews of Bosch, and Interstate.

Thoughts?

Find your group size and post it, maybe someone knows a sale.

I like WM yellow ones for just about everything, but you need to know if you're getting an exide, they're not quite as good. Vent cap shape is the tell-all.

I'm a big fan of Costco's house-brand. Inexpensive and made by Johnson Controls (as are many other house-brand batteries out there). Plus for me and my Honda's they have more CCA's than factory.

I read at a rv site that there are only 2 main manufacturers of wet cell batts, most the them come dry from china and then flooded here.
the trick was to buy on with the longest replacement and nationwide support.
I have bought batts from costco and sams and no issues at all.

on the other hand, I bought the fancy optima blue for my camper and 14 months later I get only 9v, and it has NO warranty left, go figure.

Thanks fellas. I figure $100-$125 is a good price for a good, higher-amp battery.
I'll have to dig some more. Online reviews are good, but a lot of them are all over the place...

Go to your local battery wholesaler; better battery at a lower price.

Deal with a professional; Avoid the chain stores

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WagonBoss
My local NAPA told me that the NAPA Legend is now made by Deka. Supposedly a good battery, and $10 rebate this month.

Deka is aquality battery for a good price. I would still check out your local battery wholesaler, They will do retail sales (cash talks)

Originally Posted By: c3po
Diehard

Every Diehard I got died way before its time down here in the jungle heat...Down here most people have good luck with Motorcraft,Delco and Interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back