Baldwin or Wix-about the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the Napa/Wix filters for my Hemi.I just ordered 5 Baldwin filters to give them a go.I used them on my last diesel.How do they rate as far as Wix/PureOne and others?Thanks Joe

There are two Baldwin quality models for alot of vehicles. For instance: There is an approximate $3 and $8 Baldwin for my minivan and pickup. So if you're buying the inexpensive nitrile Baldwin, then the Wix is far superior. I've used both & the Wix is silicon ADBV - built like a tank compared to my cheaper Baldwins. Those Wix/Napa Golds can usually be purchased for around $4 online at fleetfilter.com

I threw away three brand new Baldwins - after engine ticking sounds that stuck around util the temp gauge-needle started moving.

I agree. In general, the two companies offer comparable products. The lower end Baldwin is probably comparable to something Wix produces under a number of labels of others. Some of the advanced micro-glass offerings from Baldwin aren't matched in WIX ..at least in the limited number of automotive applications that I've seen them. Wix appears to use micro-glass (mostly) in their upper tier industrial and heavy duty applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back