Bumper and trim paint

I have a 13 Edge the bumpers and trim are faded, I already replaced the wiper cowl and wiper arms. But I would like to have painted my bumpers and door molding. I been looking at a few different paints, Rust-Oleum bumper and trim paint, SEM trim paint, also DupliColor bumper and trim paint.. the rear bumper is going to be painted on the vehicle. So will the side moldings. The front bumper will be taken off, in order to paint parts of the grill properly.. The bumpers is not a smooth finish neither is the trim.. but either way they are going to be cleaned up with paint thinner, or alcohol and sanded.

The scuff and sand basically acts as an abrasive and cleaner, I use this one. It was sold in most auto parts stores but I see most of them are now offering the rustoleum paints that are not very good automotive paint.

The scuff and sand basically acts as an abrasive and cleaner, I use this one. It was sold in most auto parts stores but I see most of them are now offering the rustoleum paints that are not very good automotive paint.

Do I need a clear coat over it or no?

Last edited:
Back