Baby Coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spied this little fella today next to my road.

0705091842.jpg

Very cool picture...
thumbsup2.gif

We have these in our Backyard in the early mornings sometimes, because we have a cow pasture behind us and behind that is miles of protected forested area. It's pretty neat to see them.

Nice pic.

Been seeing a lot of coyote this year, last 2-3 years the place has been thick with rabbits so no surprise. I rode up on one in the road, dude (healthy specimen) and I locked eyes for awhile, then he trotted off.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I see alot of big ones. I've never seen a baby. Was only 12 inches tall or so at the shoulder.
I remember when I saw a baby for the first time...
wink.gif

Coyotes are fairly unimpressed with us. There's one in Bridal Trails park here, that I've seen easing down the sidewalk a few times early in the mornings.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Coyotes are fairly unimpressed with us. There's one in Bridal Trails park here, that I've seen easing down the sidewalk a few times early in the mornings.
Speaking of Sidewalks... In Alberta they have Reindeer that cross at street lights. Yup, that's right, they know how to cross a busy intersection safely in the towns! Beat that!
grin2.gif

I didn't believe it, but I seen it with my own eyes when driving across Canada! (Not my picture below, but similar)

deer_crossing.jpg

Well, the only reindeer we have around here belong to the herd at Tiger Mountain Zoo. However, I'd bet some money that what's in Alberta are caribou, not reindeer, unless they belong to somebody who imported them.

I have trained the local crows to stop bombing my Jeeps. I give them peanuts every day, but if I see any poop on my Jeeps, no peanuts.

BTW those aren't reindeer or caribou in your pic, they look like blacktails or maybe young muleys, not sure.

Ok there Mr. Technical...
LOL.gif
(J/K)

Could be Caribou, I can't remember... And I know that those aren't Reindeer in the picture... Couldn't find a picture to show, and this was the best me and Google could do.

Well..."technically", reindeer and caribou are the same species, but separate subspecies. Caribou never got domesticated as reindeer did, and are basically New World critters, while reindeer are European and Asiatic. There are physical differences, but I'll leave discovering them to those who care. Thus ends the Rangifer lesson, and the hijacking of the baby coyote thread.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Very cool picture...
thumbsup2.gif

We have these in our Backyard in the early mornings sometimes, because we have a cow pasture behind us and behind that is miles of protected forested area. It's pretty neat to see them.

Unless you happen to be the cow.
grin2.gif

I live in the middle of the city, but near a bayou, which has nature trails and forestry. The neighborhood association has reported coyotes in the area near the bayou.

Coyotes and I have mutually spooked one another many times, while I've been riding my mountain bike. It's a little unsettling riding up on a coyote, but at least the little buggers never seem interested in sticking around once they spot me.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Very cool picture...
thumbsup2.gif

Unless you happen to be the cow.
grin2.gif

They are Black Angus Beef Cow and they are only out in the late mornings, the Coyotes seem to be gone by then. They have a Donkey for protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back