Awesome 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really interesting to me:

Quote:
Specially developed for NISSAN 3.5L, naturally aspirated engines VQ35DE, VQ35HR and VQ37HR
fitted on NISSAN 350 Z, Skyline V35, Skyline V36, 350GT, Pathfinder, Altima, Maxima, Murano, Quest,
but also on INFINITI EX35, FX35, M35, QX4, I35, G35, and requiring improved engine response and
maximum power output.
Engine designed to run low viscosity lubricants and to minimize fuel dilution in the oil

Nice oil.

Price?
And, why not for Turbo use?

Whoa, whoa, whoa..

Quote:
$39 a quart

PM Dr. Haas.

In the meantime, I could get Redline 0W-30 for.. less.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

laugh.gif

Agreed. Its about 10% thinner at operating temp compared to Redline 0w-30, yet maintains the same HTHS. Im assuming the additive package would be the same, if not more ZDDP. Sadly oil quality vs price is not linear, it exponential. Even though its likely only a little better than Redline, its almost 4x the price.

Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

laugh.gif

Agreed. Its about 10% thinner at operating temp compared to Redline 0w-30, yet maintains the same HTHS. Im assuming the additive package would be the same, if not more ZDDP. Sadly oil quality vs price is not linear, it exponential. Even though its likely only a little better than Redline, its almost 4x the price.

Referring to the KV100 spec' as the operational viscosity at "operating temp's" is not correct. It is just the kinematic viscosity at 100C which tell one more about an oil's chemistry than anything else including their respective viscosity-pressure coefficients, Motul's being higher.

Since both RL and Motul Nismo have nominally the same HTHSV but RL a higher 183 VI vs 176 for Nismo, the Motul 0W-30 should theoretically be very slightly heavier at normal operating temp's and more so on start-up. In all likelyhood the 7 point VI difference won't be noticeable, therefore both oils should have similar viscosity characteristics at all temp's.

For my money I'd choose RL 0W-30 over Motul Nismo Competition 0W-30.

I wonder if it's 39 times better than the M1 AFE 0w30 in my stash that I got for 0.98/qt...I wonder if my Corolla (intended car for it) would notice....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
This is really interesting to me:

Quote:
Specially developed for NISSAN 3.5L, naturally aspirated engines VQ35DE, VQ35HR and VQ37HR
fitted on NISSAN 350 Z, Skyline V35, Skyline V36, 350GT, Pathfinder, Altima, Maxima, Murano, Quest,
but also on INFINITI EX35, FX35, M35, QX4, I35, G35, and requiring improved engine response and
maximum power output.
Engine designed to run low viscosity lubricants and to minimize fuel dilution in the oil

Me, too. I'm always interested in a magic oil!

Everyone is somehow failing to read/consider the suggested max OCI on this stuff, which is like what, 1800 miles?!?!!!

For the price they are charging (I though it was >$39.00/liter!), that is rediculous, even for a PURE racing oil, which is how I'm guessing they are marketing this stuff, with almost NO TBN boosters (calcium, mag., boron, etc.).
21.gif

I noticed this, along with it's low VI, when I first looked at it 2 years ago, and gave up on it.

I would MUCH rather run the MPT 30K 0W-30 for $15.00/qt. than this stuff, let alone the RL 0W-30 for less yet.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back