Auto-RX Results - Part Three - AFTER PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Could it have gotten worse?? lol I see no change whatsoever Artem. I and I am sure I can speak for others, that this is a nice contribution to BITOG. Take it how you may;)

Thank You Artem and Merry Christmas!

Thanks Chubbs, I try my best to help prove (or disprove) a product so others can benefit from the results i'm getting.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Thanks for posting. I think you mentioned giving Kreen a shot. 1,000 miles isn't giving it a fair shot to clean that up. Follow their directions and see how it works, if you decide to try it. Merry Christmas!

Of course i'll use it as per the instructions but i'm interested in seeing the results as they happen (or don't happen, who knows...)

Pulling the valve cover to tape pics literally takes me under 3 minutes now so I'll document the process as i go along.

Wow sure looks like Anonymity Software or joining under a different user name from another IP address is big this month. First Mori now Frank M. LOL Merry Christmas!

I personally have used ARX with great success, and it's well documented here on this site.

ARX, as much as any competing product, has it's strengths and weaknesses. I hope we could all agree on that.

When I used ARX in my Taurus test, I was not going to check compression, because my engine was so clean. Gary Allan insisted I test the compression, and I was wrong and he was right. I had serious compression issues, even though my top end was spotless. I was ignorant of the compression issues I had, because the degredation of the compression occured before I took over the car, so my "baseline" of power expectation was somewhat uninformed. The oil consumption was not out of line; the fuel mileage was not grotesque. But I most certainly had "undiscovered" compression issues. So I ran the ARX experiement at the request of Gary; long story short, the two cleaning/rinse phases liberated my ring packs, and did an EXCELLENT job. I have the data posted here as proof. The ARX completely cleaned/rinsed out the coked material from my ring packs. It was a well-controlled experiement and the ARX deserves all the credit. I know this because I tested compression before, during and after the ARX experiement. So my point about my experiement with ARX is this:
I had significant compressions problems prior to the ARX treatment, even though I had no outward signs as judged by oil consumption, efficiency, or percieved WOT "butt-o-meter" power romps.

Artem - ARX may not have cleaned up your sludge well, but it may have affected the compression, without your knowledge. Because you did not test it prior to the experiment, you have no ability to either claim victory or failure of the ARX in regard to compression; you cannot prove it did or did not help. Further, it is entirely possible that you may have/had compression issues that you are unaware of, because if they developed slowly over time, you would be unaware of them as the shift in compression loss would be imperceptible from day-to-day. I'm not saying you do have issues; I'm saying that IF you do, it's likely you are unaware of them because the decay would likely have taken thousands if not tens of thousands of miles. You can test compression now, but that would be inconclusive; how would you know if the compression was always good, or if ARX made it good? You have zero idea at this point, and you cannot go backward to deduce it.

Clearly, in this experiment for Artem, the ARX did not clean the upper-end well, but then again is not that engine is a known sludger? Perhaps it may take multiple attempts over several cycles for ARX to pervail?

What we do know is that your experiement proved one thing; the limited application of ARX did not help your targeted goal of engine cleanliness at the upper-end. I cannot find fault in your statment there.

But you have zero ability to say that ARX didn't help in other areas, because you didn't test them prior to the experiement. And upper-end cleanliness (or the lack thereof) has no direct indication of the other areas of the engine; nor is oil consumption or fuel economy a clear indicator. My experiences are complete proof of that statement.

If nothing else, be fair and honest in your assessment. Don't say ARX did nothing when you didn't check all possible avenues of improvement. You have every right to say it didn't clean as well as you expected, given the limited application you ran. But past that, you're being unfair and untrue, because you established no compression base line for later analysis, and cannot use OTHER characteristics to infer compression with certainty.

Will the KREEN help clean the upper end? Perhaps. For your sake, I hope it does. Time will tell.

BTW#1 - for all you haters - I am NOT a paid ARX rep, nor do I sell it. The ARX I used in my Taurus was an experiment coordinated with Gary and Frank, to see if doubling the dose would shift it's results or negatively affect wear. I was selected for the experiment for my detailed approach to documenting and known meticulous methodology. I neither love nor hate Frank Miller; I am not Frank Miller; I have never met Frank Miller. But I credit ARX for what it clearly did in my Taurus engine; it cleaned up the ring packs and restored compression, even though I had no previous indication there was anything wrong.

BTW#2 - I am currently engaged in another ARX experiment with my (new to me) 2000 Galant 2.4L. I am testing the "new" ARX formulation. I tested the compression before the start of the experiement and I took upper-end photos. I don't drive that car much, so it will take a while for the experiment to play out. But at least I documented the starting base line, so that I can make full, fair comments on the success or failure of the ARX to perform. I see one issue already developing in my current test; my engine is in such good shape that I doubt there is much room for improvement. When the engine already has great compression, and is clean up top, and has no oil consumption issues, there really is little room (if any room) for ARX to improve things. That is NOT the fault of ARX; it's just the acknowledgement that ARX has little room to shift the measureables. But time will tell ...

Last edited:
I don't know what the heck is in play here but this is typical ARX old school terror tactics.
Dissatisfied PO customers that spend good hard earned money are now "HATERS"?

He didn't buy this stuff as a compression restorer, he could have got that for $3 in a can of Chemtool at Walmart and done it in 30 min.
He bought it to clean up the visual deposits in the engine which this product claims it does.
It failed miserably!

He posted pictures before and after that show there was no difference.
Now Frank Miller has obviously and blatantly returned to take this poor guy apart with the help of his cronies.
It is a shame that a mod on this site is not only helping the cause but promoting this product as well.

As a mod you know full well that this alone will keep some posters quiet and stop them from speaking up.
Its too bad i thought the mods here were pretty fair till now.
If you choose to support this product that your business but jumping in like this when its a obvious take apart session with a banned members company involved really sucks!

New and improved ARX? Listen burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me for letting you do it.

Nicely said Trav. I honestly don't care about anything negative that anyone says towards me and my experiment. I followed the instructions to the T.

When I received this email from Rick @ ARX, it was clear to me that ARX was not going to work in my favor, and I quote:
Quote:
"Auto-rx is much better in dismantling black crusted
engine deposits that have formed around frictional working parts. ARX
is not really volatile at all so acting like a vapor degreaser is not
a part of how ARX works. Auto-rx will only clean areas with directed
oil flow or in the case of the sum good splashing action from the
counterbalancers on the crank. Areas that do not see any appreciable
flow of oil will likely remain stained."

At that point, i had already put in the second bottle and started the second cleaning cycle, so i figured to just let it run it's course.

I ran the mixture of ARX along side of what some say is a VERY GOOD cleaning oil - PYB for 5,000 miles (that's 2,000 miles longer then recommended for a cleaning cycle) just because i wanted to give ARX more time to do... SOMETHING!

Close examination of the before / after pics of the second cleaning cycle shows a tiny area was cleaned a bit more, that's it. For all we know, that could be attributed to PYB cleaning.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Artem - ARX may not have cleaned up your sludge well, but it may have affected the compression, without your knowledge. Because you did not test it prior to the experiment, you have no ability to either claim victory or failure of the ARX in regard to compression; you cannot prove it did or did not help. Further, it is entirely possible that you may have/had compression issues that you are unaware of, because if they developed slowly over time, you would be unaware of them as the shift in compression loss would be imperceptible from day-to-day. I'm not saying you do have issues; I'm saying that IF you do, it's likely you are unaware of them because the decay would likely have taken thousands if not tens of thousands of miles. You can test compression now, but that would be inconclusive; how would you know if the compression was always good, or if ARX made it good? You have zero idea at this point, and you cannot go backward to deduce it.

Clearly, in this experiment for Artem, the ARX did not clean the upper-end well, but then again is not that engine is a known sludger? Perhaps it may take multiple attempts over several cycles for ARX to pervail?

What we do know is that your experiement proved one thing; the limited application of ARX did not help your targeted goal of engine cleanliness at the upper-end. I cannot find fault in your statment there.

But you have zero ability to say that ARX didn't help in other areas, because you didn't test them prior to the experiement. And upper-end cleanliness (or the lack thereof) has no direct indication of the other areas of the engine; nor is oil consumption or fuel economy a clear indicator. My experiences are complete proof of that statement.

If nothing else, be fair and honest in your assessment. Don't say ARX did nothing when you didn't check all possible avenues of improvement. You have every right to say it didn't clean as well as you expected, given the limited application you ran. But past that, you're being unfair and untrue, because you established no compression base line for later analysis, and cannot use OTHER characteristics to infer compression with certainty.

Dear Newton, with all due and respect, i don't understand why you brought compression into the conversation when i'm only interested in getting ENGINE CLEANLINESS RESULTS.

I'm sure that ARX could have done some other miraculous things inside the block and if i was doing full blown before / after engine tear downs in a Lab to PROVE to the world that ARX did SOMETHING, I'd gladly praise ARX if there were results.

Since i'm only interested in cleaning the internals, i don't give a rats buttocks about any of the other benefits that ARX could have provided for my engine.

Now, to say that i didn't give ARX enough time to do it's magic is an insult to me.

I ran the first cleaning cycle for 3,000 miles.
I followed that up with a 3,000 mile rinse cycle.
After that i ran ARX for 5,000 miles followed by a 2,000 mile rinse cycle.

I feel that i gave it plenty of time (8,000 miles of cleaning along side PYB and 5,000 miles of rinsing along side PYB for a total of 13,000 miles and 4 short OCIs with Mobil 1 oil filters along the way.) I did not run it for 1,000 miles and came running in here because i didn't see results.

Now tell me, who has time and money to do LONG TERM cleaning these days? It will take 100,000 miles for ARX to make a dent in the MINOR varnish build up i have.
coffee.gif

Originally Posted By: RetiredGuy1
In response to Artem and auto-rx results: I've looked over your posts on Auto-RX. Looks to me like you are promoting KREEN as an additive. I also see you have a history of negative posts related to the product auto-rx. Readers should look at your posing history. If this auto-rx did not work for you, did you request a refund? Did you post the refund terms? I do not think your photos are before and after shots using auto-rx. Sorry, but you are just not believable when it comes to oil additives and results. There appears to be something fishy between you and auto-rx.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I wasn't even on here for the original A-RX wars and I could spot this a mile away! Talk about destroying any shred of credibility left for A-RX.

And for the record I don't think dnewton3 is doing anything other than sharing his experiences, not everyone is going to be thrilled with a great product nor will every single customer of a poor one be dissatisfied. He believes it worked for him, I'm great with that, but based on the general consensus of results here, coupled with SPAM posters, there is no way I'd even consider buying it myself. And I've got a dirty engine!

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Artem,
Where are you going to post the Kreen results? Existing Kreen threads or a new one?

Will probably make a new one. I just cracked the valve cover open and took pictures after having Kreen splashing around inside the block for 48 hours and 800 miles while i did a small business trip last night.

Will post the shocking results in a new thread when i get a chance to re-size the imagine, post them on photobucket, etc. Currently flying around town in my 1990 Mazda RX-7 doing errands.
19.gif

Well I have learned that Dnewton posts from experience and uses data to form opinion. If he says it improved compression I believe him. Perhaps it should be labelled as such because it doesn't seem to clean as advertised.
I like that trav has given an alternative that can clean ring packs as well.
I'm not going to bash since I haven't used it however there are some unsatisfied members/customers.
Kreen obviously performs as advertised,as many here are satisfied customers.

Where did Frank (oops) RetiredGuy1 go?
27.gif

I was going to ask him for a refund, since, as I mentioned before, Auto-RX was spectacularly ineffective in my vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I don't know what the heck is in play here but this is typical ARX old school terror tactics.
Dissatisfied PO customers that spend good hard earned money are now "HATERS"?

He didn't buy this stuff as a compression restorer, he could have got that for $3 in a can of Chemtool at Walmart and done it in 30 min.
He bought it to clean up the visual deposits in the engine which this product claims it does.
It failed miserably!

He posted pictures before and after that show there was no difference.
Now Frank Miller has obviously and blatantly returned to take this poor guy apart with the help of his cronies.
It is a shame that a mod on this site is not only helping the cause but promoting this product as well.

As a mod you know full well that this alone will keep some posters quiet and stop them from speaking up.
Its too bad i thought the mods here were pretty fair till now.
If you choose to support this product that your business but jumping in like this when its a obvious take apart session with a banned members company involved really sucks!

New and improved ARX? Listen burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me for letting you do it.

I may be willing to say that ARX can work for some people, but I gave it a lengthy trial in more than one vehicle and came away disappointed. Then the company gave me grief and would not even consider a partial refund.

I'm with Trav on this, as you won't burn me twice...

It seems I stirred up a hornets nest here. I was not promoting auto RX, I was only pointing out some inequities in this thread. My name is not Frank; don't know who Frank is; but, it is clear that there is something fishy between some of you posters and auto RX. Some of you have a personal problem with the personality of this Frank guy, which is clear. I know that readers will take this into consideration when reading this thread.

It's funny how the truth comes out eventually. I don't care one way or another about any oil additive right now as I am only researching. Gee, I might buy a case of auto RX, and give out bottles for Christmas to my children! Yeah, that's what I plan to do. Then I'll get their opinions which I know would be unbiased.

This Frank guy must be a terror. Ha ha. Carry on.

It seems I stirred up a hornets nest here. I was not promoting auto RX, I was only pointing out some inequities in this thread. My name is not Frank; don't know who Frank is; but, it is clear that there is something fishy between some of you posters and auto RX. Some of you have a personal problem with the personality of this Frank guy, which is clear. I know that readers will take this into consideration when reading this thread.

It's funny how the truth comes out eventually. I don't care one way or another about any oil additive right now as I am only researching. Gee, I might buy a case of auto RX, and give out bottles for Christmas to my children! Yeah, that's what I plan to do. Then I'll get their opinions which I know would be unbiased.

The truth about what? The OP told it like it was, as did others. Save yourself a some money and give them a gift they can really benefit from, like a gift certificate to their favorite store. If they have the same results I had, and several others had with A-Rx you'll be tossing good money into the toilet.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Your Mazda four banger is way different from my V6 which is known as a sludge engine. It's had synthetic oil changed at 3-5k since new, so I expected it to be clean in there...

With full synthetic oil changes every 3k-5k miles for 200k+ miles, I believe your complaint should be with the full syn oil, not ARX or any additive. Please tell us the brand and weight of the full syn oil you used so we can all avoid it like the plague.

Yep, that wonderful Toyota product is a known sludger and your 3-5k OCIs make perfect sense. But honestly, who would believe that engine needed a sludge removing additive after that OCI routine with full syn oil?

And no, I'm not Frank, Jr., but I thought ARX was supposed to remove sludge and deposits the oil could reach, not varnish.

Was your original intent to remove the varnish when you used ARX?

The truth about what? The OP told it like it was, as did others. Save yourself a some money and give them a gift they can really benefit from, like a gift certificate to their favorite store. If they have the same results I had, and several others had with A-Rx you'll be tossing good money into the toilet.

Have to agree with Frank here (demarpaint that is your name isnt it?)

And I know I come off as bashing, but A-RX didn't really do anything for me when I used it.

What's the panic about there retired guy? Something fish? How about a few hundred down the toilet. Nothing fishy about that.

So lets see now. You are not Frank from ARX but yet you come on here and your first post is ripping someone's long term ARX experience to shreds and now you claim you haven't even tried it?
Now that's fishy!

You want to give a case out for Christmas?
Good luck to you and the Red Sox.

I will ask my friend who bought 500 bottles of this stuff to become a distributor to chime in and lets see how he feels after not getting any results after 30K.

Originally Posted By: Frank Miller oops sorry retired guy
This Frank guy must be a terror

He thinks he is but is just a nasty old geezer that doesn't have a clue.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Have to agree with Frank here (demarpaint that is your name isnt it?)

And I know I come off as bashing, but A-RX didn't really do anything for me when I used it.

Yea I'm a Frank too.

The minority disappointment in Auto-Rx always amazes me on BITOG. I've been using it for several years on various engines, transmissions, t-cases, differentials, steering racks and couldn't be happier with its performance and the money in repair costs it has saved me. I suspect that there are many more like me, than there are dissenters. But the dissenters certainly are loud and obnoxious, aren't they? That's why I usually stay away from these threads.

But I couldn't help looking at the OP's pictures of his previously sludged up Toyota V-6. Heck, I'd be ecstatic if that's all that was left on my engine and the engine wasn't harmed in any way.

The only sludged engine that I've cleaned with ARX is my 2000 Tundra V-8 2UZ-FE when it had around 140K miles on it. PCV valve neglect must have allowed a thick reddish brown deposit to build up all over the valve train on both banks. I suspect that is how the OP's engine got sludged too. I gave it two ARX treatments (2500/3000) back then and remember the first clean phase produced a noticeable reddish brown colored oil (I was happy to see this). I tested the final rinse phase oil and my Pb PPM dropped from 12 to 3, the universal average. Anyways, here are some pictures I took with the bank 2 cover off at 195K miles last year. You can see some small remnants of what I was dealing with. But bare metal is actually visible now instead of thick lacquer paint. Like I said, I'm ecstatic and the truck runs greta at 205K miles.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/image/820542-dscf0002/
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/image/820541-dscf0001/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back