Anyone know of any places that take old gasoline?

Don't know how useful this will be but autozone told me to try heet red bottle water remover and a bottle of fuel system cleaner. Let it sit overnight and then fire it up.

Seems too good to be true. Any thoughts?

Craigslist free section. It'll be gone in 10 minutes. Farmers often use it to help burn back brush, they mix it with old oil or diesel.

Or the local Fire Department. They will use it to practice putting out gasoline fires.

I would simply dispose of old gas in your tank, one quart per fillup or so. I used to do so with old gas, old mineral spirits, and various spent solvents from our lab. Cant get more earth friendly than using it for fuel, and scrubbing exhaust with the catalytic converter.

I thought it was about 4 months but it seems it sat for 8 months
4 to 8 months is nothing. As others have stated mix it with your car gasoline 1 gallon to 10 gallons and it should be just fine. In my area they take gasoline at a city recycling facility for no charge. If it were 2 years old I would not put it in any vehicle or gas powered unit.

Oh, I didn't see this. Assuming it was in a air-tight or relatively air tight container, gas is totally fine at 8 months. I've driven on gas far older than that, trouble free. No way would I dispose of 8 month old gas, assuming no contamination.

I'm going to be syphoning old gas out of a car that has sat for quite a while. To my surprise there is no place in town that disposes of old gasoline. Not a single friggin place as far as hazardous waste facilities go.

I'm looking for some ideas on how to dispose of this stuff without violating any federal or local laws.
I have found stations that use waste oil furnaces or any garage that takes waste oil. How much do you have? when these businesses do oil changes the amount of old gas shouldn't matter. Only reason I know something about this is I worked for a GM dealership for 35 years just so folks don't get the wrong impression. I hope this helps, Have a great day

Oh thats "new" if you treated it. :)

I have run four year old stale E10 gas in my generator no issue whatsoever as it is hard to drain.

And One year old in the Snow blower - and same in mower every year.

But I did add a couple oz of SAE ND30 and Marine Stabil.

I'm waiting before I put any gas in it. It's looking more like numerous fuel related issues, possibly bad a fuel pump or pressure regulator.

I put a few gallons of old (~4 yr old) gas in the tanks of two vehicles. Within two years, I had to replace both fuel pumps. Coincidence? I wouldn't be putting old gas in anything that I didn't want to replace the fuel pump. My '77 F-100 with external electric fuel pump and double fuel filters ... no worries though.

I put a few gallons of old (~4 yr old) gas in the tanks of two vehicles. Within two years, I had to replace both fuel pumps. Coincidence? I wouldn't be putting old gas in anything that I didn't want to replace the fuel pump. My '77 F-100 with external electric fuel pump and double fuel filters ... no worries though.
This gasoline is not 4 years old.

Some of this is just bad information.

Call your county & they should have a safe recycling facility for this type of stuff. Somewhere in your County they'll have a drop off depot for these types of chemicals. I would start with calling your main county seat's city hall or courthouse.

I was expecting you to say it was 10 years old or something. At 4-8 months I would just use it.

We have a hazmat collection location in town, and a few times a year the county does a collection of more or less anything.

Back