Anyone install GM police dual battery in Yukon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
As an example, back in the days before air-conditioning was standard equipment vehicles often had two different specked front springs, one for vehicles that did not have AC, and another for vehicles that did have AC.

Jim is absolutely right. Have someone check "the book" for spring specifications. GM makes custom springs for our application, too, so it's quite common to have options...

L92 not LS3, slap-in-the-forehead. Thanks!

Factory spec is Group 48. The replacement I just bought is an Exide. Yes I only put 10,000 km a year on the Escalade but work is a 70 km (44 mile) round trip, and I live in the country so I'm not doing 1 mile stop-an-go's. It does sit for a while when I use other vehicles so parasitic discharge could be the culprit. Or is it just low quality AC Delco batteries from whoever they spec them?

Originally Posted By: vitez
L92 not LS3, slap-in-the-forehead. Thanks!

Factory spec is Group 48. The replacement I just bought is an Exide. Yes I only put 10,000 km a year on the Escalade but work is a 70 km (44 mile) round trip, and I live in the country so I'm not doing 1 mile stop-an-go's. It does sit for a while when I use other vehicles so parasitic discharge could be the culprit. Or is it just low quality AC Delco batteries from whoever they spec them?

I would bet that extended sitting is the main culprit, Get a Battery Tender!

Thanks for the link DriveHard, cool thread. And thanks to everyone for their advice. I'm thinking a factory-type dual battery setup AND regular charging with a Battery Tender might be the best way to go. -28°C in the next few days, the vehicle is parked outside, and the block heater doesn't work. I need more garage space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back