Any idea what you spend a month on gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:

Maybe you don't have to deal with the idiot drivers in Utah that drive around the rest of this continent?

nono.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I don't understand why so many Corvette owners will only drive their car a couple of thousand miles a year, what fun is that??)

Believe it or not as you get older, driving isn't "fun" anymore. Its a means to get from 'A' to 'B' . Its like when you got a tricycle..that was fun. Then there was a bike...that was fun. Then there was a car...that was fun. For me just a nice long hike beats driving. I'm glad for that.

Maybe if you drove a Corvette you'd change your tune Al!
smile.gif

Seriously though, I can't see ever getting bored with driving. To me I have a blast on a warm sunny day just driving with the roof out, windows down, tunes cranked and I don't even need to drive fast.

I do enjoy a good walk too though, which is something I do every single day on my lunch hour at work (as long as it isn't raining, snowing or too cold/windy)

quote:

smile.gif

Hahahahah..seriously at the age of 60..If I wanted one I would have it tomorrow.

Hey-I loved to drive when I was younger..you'll see.
wink.gif

Down here in the never-great state of Louisiana, I pay about $2.67 for premium right now. Car gets about 23-25 mpg on average, about 70% city/30% highway, so I guess I spend around $100/month.

Like Al, I'm starting to dislike driving -- but not for the same reasons. It's not only the cost of gas. The traffic is so thick in the good areas left after the hurricane, the road surfaces are so awful, and the heat (already we're hitting 82 F. every day) is so unpleasant, there's no fun in going anywhere.

I still like driving. Just not here.

-- Paul W.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

smile.gif

Hahahahah..seriously at the age of 60..If I wanted one I would have it tomorrow.

Hey-I loved to drive when I was younger..you'll see.
wink.gif

You really should get one, you'll fall in love with driving again!
smile.gif

PS-those rhino ramps you sent me a couple of years ago are a godsend on this car, no other ramps would possibly work!
cheers.gif

quote:

(that's why I don't understand why so many Corvette owners will only drive their car a couple of thousand miles a year, what fun is that??)

Thats because most people who own a Corvette are older and have a pretty decent income that allows them to have it in their garage collecting dust. If I had the money for a new Z06, I would put 30K miles a year on that car.
smile.gif

I purchase fuel once a month for my Subaru WRX. Usually fill it up with 15 gallons of premium after 330 miles or so. I have no idea how much it costs and don't really pay attention to current fuel price as I drive so little now.

switching to the v6 for the summer months. i live pretty close to work (about 15 miles one way) but the traffic cuts into any decent mpg i might get. about a tank (14gal) a week and at $2.50/gal, $35 a week.

i still like driving if the suspension is right.

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
91 Octane where I live just hit $3.11/gal. I thought Katrina was over ?!?!

pointless rambling on:
It sucks, doesn't it? I suspect gas prices will stay at or (probably) above the current price from now on. The news man says it's because of ever-increasing demand, tight supplies, & "concerns" over Iran & Nigeria. I'm sure there's a great deal of fact & fiction of both sides of the gas-price argument, but the thing that irks me is that no matter what my wife & I do (vehicle & driving-wise), we're just two people, & we will never affect the price of gasoline. We just have to suck it up & pay whatever the gas man says the price is today. pointless rambling off:

Whats sad was - two weeks ago 91 octane was below 2.80/gal with 87 octane @ 2.69. The only octane under $3.00 is 87 now. Talk about a huge price hike!!!
frown.gif

Wal-Mart is complaining about sales dropping big time. No Duh... go figure. We're spending all our money on gas.

People like me with a 2 hour drive to work... Gas costs per month is rediculous. I could make more money working near home at a job that pays half of what I'm making now. (well maybe not but close).
tongue.gif

I haven't been tracking fuel cost, only MPG, however we average around $30 per fillup on each car with 2-3 fillups per month per car.

I have a 6mi each way drive to work, with side stops each evening at my parents to pick up our son:

1991 Prelude
Feb 22 to Mar 22
38 gal
893 mi
25.6 mpg
cost: roughly $94

My wife has a ~10 mile each way drive, plus side trips to school 3 nights/week (college classes):

2005 Accord LX
Mar 3 to Apr 2
40 gal
1042 miles
26.0 mpg
cost: roughly $100

these figures don't really reflect the recent price increase, since I only go through 1 tank roughly every 1.5 - 2 weeks and my wife fills up every 7-10 days.

where are you guys going? do you guys got gas guzzlers? average gas price now is 2.55 gallon here.

92 Mitsu mirage fill up once month. average 35 mpg 10 gallons every fill up. approximate 26 bucks
96 Pontiac sunfire fill up about once month average 32 mpg. 13 gallon fill up. approximate 32 bucks
06 Pontiac vibe; average 34mpg so far. 12 gallon fill up. approximate 30 bucks

Three cars for two people driving. I just looked at my total gas bill on the only credit card I use it on $107 bucks for march statement on my GM card.

offtopic.gif
my electric bill was $72 last month for a 1000 square foot apartment. my sister owns a two story house and her electric runs 300/month. She makes fun of me for still living in an apartment.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back