Anonymous Of The Internet..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you say in your posts what you would say in the real world? I've noticed a lot of "tough guy" talk here lately. Love me or hate me, I have never said anything online I wouldn't say to a person in real life. I thank the moderators here for doing a good job. Happy Holidays to everyone.

you're confusing face-to-face interactions with a situation that requires you to "fight" with wits instead of fists. don't get angry, get smart. also, learn to recognize trollbait or overreact to every little thing. enjoy your internets

Last edited:
I believe that most arguing online that leads to toughguyness start with miscommunications and misunderstandings that would not exist in a face to face conversation. I have said things to people in person that I would not say to someone online.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Speaking of tough guy talk, where's Clevy been lately ?

I'm sure he is still buying the best. Supertech 5 30. The smoothest run oil around.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
No one knows I'm actually 5'6", 400# and live in mom's basement. I won't get a job because jobs suck.

That is so funny!

Merry Christmas, God Bless America and our troops.

Neely

Originally Posted By: Neely97

Merry Christmas, God Bless America and our troops.

Well said!

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Could you say in your posts what you would say in the real world?

I say exactly what I think. What I type here is exactly what I'd say if I were in that discussion in the real world. The only difference is that there are a number of conversations on here in which I do not partake because they clearly violate the rules, or the subject matter/discussion is so juvenile that it's not worth commenting.

Written communication is the least effective form of communication. You cannot hear the person speaking nor see their body language--only their words on a screen. Therefore, it is very easy to misunderstand what is actually being said or infer things that are really not there.

With that said, I think the thought of being anonymous on the Internet can lead some to have a harsher stance than they would in real life. Just my
49.gif
!

Oh, and Merry Christmas All!

Keyboard warriors!

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
No one knows I'm actually 5'6", 400# and live in mom's basement. I won't get a job because jobs suck.

Are you FEELIN THE BERN!?!?!? :p

I think people do try to look tough on line. I'm guessing if a guy off the street asked some basic oil advice in person the tough guys here would not flame out on them in person like they would on line. I find it so rare for anyone to show any interest in Oil that I take even the most basic and simple questions seriously when asked.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Could you say in your posts what you would say in the real world? I've noticed a lot of "tough guy" talk here lately. Love me or hate me, I have never said anything online I wouldn't say to a person in real life. I thank the moderators here for doing a good job. Happy Holidays to everyone.
Thank the moderators for preventing folks from saying what they really think about you, troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back