Amsoil Preferred Customer Questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just the way it is. Never any apologies. No comments on your findings, no jumping in now from the cheerleader(s), but there will be further "information" for a small subset of folks to base their beliefs on. I've seen it for many years now. Oh well, it's fairly entertaining.

I will try to be more nice and less reactive to the barbs.

Thanks for doing the digging. Using the guy's own evidence - clever!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
It's just the way it is. Never any apologies.

Sounds familiar!!!! :)

Nice find, I myself could not find it. I can see a dealer paying tax as most are not setup properly and have tax ID numbers to do business. If somebody purchases from the amsoil site as a Preffered customer or regualr customer they should not be required to pay tax.

Now that thats over lets see some sponsors offer up some sort of holiday sales or promos for some of the guy that use this stuff. Might just gain back some of that lost business

Wow. Make false claims & then expect the falsely accused to "win" back business that you tried to destroy w/o even an apology from you for acting like a fool?

This is absurd. I don't use Amsoil nor do I personally believe in the MLM model, but to argue about this sales tax thing is just silly. It's legit. The government keeps a sharp eye on these types of businesses and Amsoil wouldn't still be doing it if there was something wrong.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Nice find, I myself could not find it. I can see a dealer paying tax as most are not setup properly and have tax ID numbers to do business. If somebody purchases from the amsoil site as a Preffered customer or regualr customer they should not be required to pay tax.

Now that thats over lets see some sponsors offer up some sort of holiday sales or promos for some of the guy that use this stuff. Might just gain back some of that lost business

Actually since Amsoil has "significant business interests" in all states with sales tax, sales tax must be paid if you are consuming the product, regardless of the method of purchase. There are a LOT of things about taxes I can say "should not be required to pay tax", but the law is the law. Uniform Tax Code. Anyway if you buy direct from the site or as a preferred customer, you are still buying through a dealer.

My offers are the same as always. Contact me via PM or email. I actually have lost no business, despite some statements to the contrary or wishes of some folks. I'm sure some people get angry no matter what I write, or they take my statements out of context. I am not some nasty, grouchy, terse person. I get a little snappish when people attack me or Amsoil and are incorrect or are not equipped with any truth or facts. I have apologized for this, not sure what else I can do, but asking for a discount in such a manner.....well....I have seen no retraction of a false allegation.......different strokes for different folks.

In all honesty, having sold a few Amsoil products myself and being a tax accountant, the system is SO MUCH easier than it would be for dealers to have to individually collect tax and/or submit these funds to their state of business.
A very great many don't claim all their income as it is, and I believe that the current setup is easier and more efficient for Amsoil to stay compliant and provide simplicity for their dealers and customer base.

But, of course, some people will argue with a STOP sign.

Beancounter I'm not talking about dealers, I'm talking about the general web sales. I agree amsoil makes it easy for dealers, but if someones not purchasing from an AZ amsoil dealer they shouldn't pay AZ state sales tax. Unless picking up from a distribution center I don't believe sales tax is required to be payed.

I have an Amsoil account and am tax exempt.

Beancounter I'm not talking about dealers, I'm talking about the general web sales. I agree amsoil makes it easy for dealers, but if someones not purchasing from an AZ amsoil dealer they shouldn't pay AZ state sales tax. Unless picking up from a distribution center I don't believe sales tax is required to be payed.

I'm trying to understand all this. Are you saying that you have a repair business in AZ and you have an AZ tax exemption certificate, but if you order online direct from Amsoil you pay tax? If that is your beef, then all you have to do is provide Amsoil with a copy of your certificate and they will not charge you tax.

Now if your Joe consumer living in AZ and order online, you pay tax and it is legit.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

I'm trying to understand all this. Are you saying that you have a repair business in AZ and you have an AZ tax exemption certificate, but if you order online direct from Amsoil you pay tax? If that is your beef, then all you have to do is provide Amsoil with a copy of your certificate and they will not charge you tax.
Now if your Joe consumer living in AZ and order online, you pay tax and it is legit.

So then if I'm joe consumer say ordering redline online from California why am I not paying tax? Joe consumer ordering from AZ to superior Wis for Amsoil is. I rarely purchase amsoil, but my Tax resale lic is on file with amsoil and I don't pay tax. This is just a general question of Why they do it and others don't??

I'm not sure I have a good answer for you on this. Maybe it has something to do with them being an MLM company and they way there registered with each state. As an example, I purchase all of my vitamins and cleaning products from Shaklee, which is a MLM company, and I always pay tax on my online purchases. I do know that the taxes collected are paid to the state where they came from.

That maybe Johnny. I have asked this same question elsewhwere and seem to never get a true answere and dealer don't seem to know. Maybe beancounter will be able to shed some light on this

Most, if not, all states require you to file all unpaid sales taxes each year. This would include all your online purchases you have made and not already paid sales tax on.

That maybe Johnny. I have asked this same question elsewhwere and seem to never get a true answere and dealer don't seem to know. Maybe beancounter will be able to shed some light on this

Quote:
Actually since Amsoil has "significant business interests" in all states with sales tax, sales tax must be paid if you are consuming the product, regardless of the method of purchase. There are a LOT of things about taxes I can say "should not be required to pay tax", but the law is the law. Uniform Tax Code. Anyway if you buy direct from the site or as a preferred customer, you are still buying through a dealer.

Does not matter where the dealer is located. Does not matter where Amsoil is located. Amsoil has as significant sales in your state. The Uniform Sales Tax Code and your state say that sale of retail products must be taxed, unless of course you have an exemption for pass through sales.

Originally Posted By: o2man98
Most, if not, all states require you to file all unpaid sales taxes each year. This would include all your online purchases you have made and not already paid sales tax on.

Yes, I believe this is under the Use Tax form one would file.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Does not matter where the dealer is located. Does not matter where Amsoil is located. Amsoil has as significant sales in your state. The Uniform Sales Tax Code and your state say that sale of retail products must be taxed, unless of course you have an exemption for pass through sales.

This is the most conservative route for companies who want to avoid any issues, and I would agree that this is legally binding.

The problem is the lack of enforcement, or even lack of the ability to enforce. Use to, back before the interweb was such a huge sales hub, you required sales tax if you had a purchase from someone in a state where you had significant presence (office, employees, etc.). This was, in general, as simple as it got -- barring some odd scenarios here and there.

Nowadays, there has been quite a legal battle going on the past couple of years over e-business sales taxes. The intricacies of the legality can be quite convoluted. Some big firms (with a presence in a state of sale) can still get around the sales tax, for the time being, but that is with the creation of a "separate entity" to handle internet sales solely.

I would have to dig a little deeper to get into the specifics, which would likely bore everyone, but with a MLM system, and dealers likely to exist in every state, Amsoil may be going ahead an avoiding any legal issues by assessing the sales tax and/or collecting and paying for the consumer in advance. The complexities of the dealer/MLM setup likely plays a big part in this, but, to be fair, if you look at your states individual tax laws, you are almost going to be guaranteed to see the necessity to file for unpaid sales tax (use/excise tax on the return, likely), except for those 5 or so states that have no sales tax.

Here are some examples/info:

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/business-operations/internet/internet-taxes.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23351894/

Last edited:
After reading all these posts, I am just going to stay with Mobil 1. LOL. What a pain in the a** to buy oil. Just go to wally world and pay your tax.

I have such questions, and nowhere can I find an answer.
Which specific groups of synthetic oils are Amsoil-a.
I am concerned about the SSO, ASL, ATM, AFL, AMO?
With gear oils SVG and MTG.
Which ester oils with a Group V oils, which are based on the PAO group IV and oils which can be hydrocacking?

Originally Posted By: Pidziek
I have such questions, and nowhere can I find an answer.
Which specific groups of synthetic oils are Amsoil-a.
I am concerned about the SSO, ASL, ATM, AFL, AMO?
With gear oils SVG and MTG.
Which ester oils with a Group V oils, which are based on the PAO group IV and oils which can be hydrocacking?

Only the XL oils are hydrocracked. The other oils are PAO (Group IV) and esters (Group V).

What are your specific questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back