Amsoil EAO 50 Damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I received this filter today, and the metal ring portion passed the black outer rubber ring is not round...it looks all bent. What do you think? Usable? Safe? Or should I send it back?

img0028vh.jpg

Its how they "crimp" the filter to hold the gasket in place...they got a little carried away,but it should not hurt anything.

Since I see so many EaO's, I stared at the picture for awhile and could not see anything wrong. (In my old age I need glasses!
48.gif
) I thought maybe I couldn't see the problem because of the focus. You wrote "metal ring portion passed (sic) the black outer rubber ring", so I thought you meant the outer can crimp.

But if you are talking about the inner seal retainer deformation as the other fellows surmised, this is very much purposeful and used by more than one filter manufacturer.

Pablo,

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I guess I have never noticed that on any filter before and it kind of concerned me. Anyway, thanks everyone.

rustypigeon, I know that there's a question involved now, but some questions are best left unasked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back