Amsoil announces 6% price hike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GreasyGrace

Amsoil's SS line appeals to me for high hp applications. Not your puny rides, that don't see extreme oil temps. Pennzoil Ultra is a great off the shelf oil. The best off the shelf oil at the moment. But its certainly not better than Amsoil's SS 10W-30. But 2nd place isn't bad at all.

Amsoil is a great product and there's nothing wrong with being brand loyal, but once you make silly statements like these, you lose all credibility Grace.

I have no dog in this hunt, as I don't use Amsoil engine oil. But I have looked at some of the numbers from various sources that have tested some of the Amsoil products for what they are made of, and the XL line really seems like a decent bang for the buck, but only if doing the preferred customer thing. The Signature line seems too steep for what one gets. The OE line isn't terrible, but lot's of oils beat it out on a number of levels.

I wish somebody would just send the empty bottles. I wanna smell it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I wish somebody would just send the empty bottles. I wanna smell it.
smile.gif

Next time I use some I'll try to remember to ask for your address...or you could PM me.

Originally Posted By: KevinP
You should cut them some slack in my opinion. They are the "little guy" trying to compete with oil companies who can drive them into the ground with little or no effort. No reason to pitch a fit over 6% in my opinion for a boutique product.

If you don't feel you want a boutique oil, go buy from a big oil company.

Sorry, the poor old "little guy" spiel has lost it's luster on most with many seeing through the B$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back