Amsoil ACD 9470mi 00 RAV4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so here is the latest installment of the 00 RAV analysis.
just a little info on this last run.
I did a "3 step" flush if you will before this run. it was something along the lines of what tpitcher did. 3K w/10oz LC20 followed by an Amsoil flush (old) and then another 3K w/10oz LC20. now this is the OCI following that.
00RAVoil1111.jpg

I personally would let the Amsoil oil do its oil thing and not bother with the 3 step flush you did. What did you intend to accomplish with the flush?

What oil filter? I would try a M1 or Amsoil Ea if you are not running one of them. Will a top filter catch some of the lead? Doubt it.

The lead is a concern but you are using one of the best oils made. If the bearings are wearing then it is what it is.

All in all a pretty good run. I would tend to agree with Blackstone and cut back on the OCI a bit. I would go to 7500.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree with donald, I would cut the OCI down a bit, it is not a bad UOA by any means but a real bummer to see lead increasing. Have you tried or be willing to try a different Amsoil product like their new 10w30 full syn.? I would give something like that a try to see if the FM/AW agents like boron or moly can offer any added protection. I agree ACD is great, but maybe something else could work better.

Either way you are in pretty good shape.

I'd say the high amount of flush chemicals, and high fuel (fp is low) 'aggravated' the bearings, and you are getting excess wear from that, as well as just normal operation.

If it were me, I'd go thicker - I'd try XL 10W-40 and see how it does.

my plan at the moment is to go w/what I have, witch is about 12 gallons of ACD. going to run about 8K and see what shakes out.
at 174K the car owes us nothing give the type of environment its driven in. I'm not going to worry about the lead for now.
oh forgot to post that the filter on this run was a wix 1516.
current filter is P1 20195.

addguy I agree that the flush aggravated the bearings so to speak given that the copper and tin were a little higher than previous runs. the lead has always been a high from the first run in '06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back