Amsoil ACD 30wt - 11,718 Miles - 2000 Volvo S40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second UOA with this oil. My first result is here:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...528#Post1405528

Couple of issues come up during this run. First was that for about 8,000 miles I had a faulty O2 sensor. Not that I'm lazy, just Autozone replacements were bad out of the box. Another issue that come up was that I had a coolant leak and replaced the radiator hose. Never overheated but was adding water and finally figured out the issue. The last issue is that my car developed a slight oil leak during this run. I topped it off with 1-1.5 quarts a few thousand miles before I changed the oil. I changed the oil when the level hit the min. mark and changed it because I was out of ACD and did not want to mix oils.

I am currently running M1 0w-30 AFE.

Let me know what you think!

[img:center]http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bx_Z...lNjdjMzFk&hl=en[/img]

Do you say that because of the Calcium?

Wish I still had some left, would send in for a VOA/UOA from Blackstone. I'm sure Amsoil would be interested too.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Calcium is low and Phosphorous is 1/2 the correct level.

What product could they have put in the wrong jug? It's got an odd combo of results there. TBN is STRONG ..visc is in the 40 range.

I probably should have added I got to meet the "lab techs". They've been doing it for 15 years and 40 years each but had an interesting convo. I told them that I wanted both TBN and TAN for the engine oil and they said TAN was useless for engine oil. Never heard that one before. They also said that TBN was useless for trans fluid as it doesn't have the additive for it.

Should have seen it as another red flag after the first results looked weird. Will be using Blackstone for the next one. I'm also posting my Trans oil later today.

I can't see any lab getting so many things "consistently wrong". That is, Blackstone seems to lose it with high moly content. It's like their calibration is set for 0-100 ppm and they drift WAY over or under (typically under) when seeing a high moly oil ..

..but they'll manage most of the other results to sensible levels. A SM oil will produce SM add levels ...etc..etc.

With a little squinting, this could be the older DEO ... I think

Actually DEO doesn't shear like that and the add levels are higher.

I can't really speculate, maybe it's like that. They are set up to run SM oil............naw, can't be....just don't know.

Bad lab data only counts in UOA's and AIDS tests.........

I don't have any experience with DEO ..it was just a thought on how to match up the zinc/phos numbers and a couple of others.

What I meant is that when B-S tests a SM oil, we typically DO see 800ppm+/- zinc/phos numbers ..that is, we get what we should in results. On a couple of other add levels ..not so.

But whatever was in the bottle that he poured into the engine, it sure doesn't look like it was ACD.

Now is there a "knock off" line out there??
56.gif

We'll wait for another lab sample ..but in the meantime.

old and new DEO
D84261_1.png
D84262_1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back