Castrol Edge 5W30 SP/GF6 - 7,601 Miles - 2010 Subaru Impreza EJ253

147,900 miles on the engine. 7,601 miles and 8 months on the oil. Not listed on the report, but 1.5 qt makeup oil. Mexican WIX 57712 oil filter. Central North Carolina climate (mild winters, hot summers). Mainly moderate suburban driving. A couple of long interstate highway trips. Some spirited back-road driving. Very little urban driving.

I wanted to get the oil analyzed because I had replaced the head gaskets, due to external oil leaking, at 134,847 miles. Changed the oil for the first time after that at 140,299 miles, and wanted to make sure there wasn't anything weird going on due to unidentified mishaps during the head gasket replacement. Looks like the only thing is still residual coolant that got into oil passages when the engine was cracked open. Coolant reservoir levels and condition have been rock solid.

blkstn2403bitog.jpg

Yeah, Potassium will cycle through over several changes. Good news is the wear metals & other contaminates, outside of Sodium, look right on par with your previous 7.6k run. Good run you did on your Impreza.

i also had an EJ253 equipped '05 RS and ran everything from 0W30 to 5W30, to 0W40 to 5W40. that car saw everything from daily duty to tracking, autocrossing and rallycrossing. my numbers were about the same (including a headgasket replacement at 88k miles). you've got tons of miles to go given how i abused mine....keep doing what you're doing!

Back