Amsoil 0w20 ASM vs 0W30 SSO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Who was the "he" at the dealer? Did you show him the TSB?

I verbally informed of the TSB and without hesitation he said in a canned way, "You must use what is on the oil cap".

Interestingly enough, I also inquired about a block heater for this Corolla and he told me that Toyota does not recommend one and he can't even sell me one. He went on to say that a block heater would mess with the complicated temperature sensors and would fool the car into not functioning correctly. That seems to be a load of [censored] as Toyota has one for the Corolla that I can buy that is made for the Canadian market. And here is the URL showing the exact heater : http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-00213-00900.aspx And this web site is Toyota of Dallas Texas, so go figure that one.
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

Thanks, I am going to try the 0W20 in my 2005 Echo

I'd appreciate any feedback on this when you do.

I have some ASM, purchased for my Mazda, that might wander into the Echo CC this winter.

I just changed over the Echo the other day. I will be putting about a thousand miles on it next week - it will be interesting to see how the fuel-economy is affected.

I would say that you are in control of what you use. The dealer is using scare tactics.

What they don't know won't hurt them. As long as you do the oil changes. If something gets damaged they would have a hard time proving anything.

What are they going to say you fried your engine by following a TSB from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back