Castrol Edge 5W30 vs M1 EP 5W30 - what is the 'better' oil?

What grade (weight) does your owners manual specify? Go with that to start. With short OCI intervals you could save some money and use SuperTech synthetic without any problems, I have. API and ILSAC certifications make oils pretty much the same regarding protection, cleanliness, etc. If you want better or "best", go with a Euro (ACEA) spec oil.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

Castrol Edge equal is Mobil-1 AFE
Mobil-1 EP equal is Castrol Edge EP.
agreed but is that on an oci basis or on a better oil basis? for me i don't mind about the longer oci since im a short oci'er anyways!

Either one is an excellent choice. I use Castrol Edge faithfully for all my cars and I'm very satisfied with it. Mobil 1 is excellent too, as is Valvoline etc. Just go with either one with OCI your doing and you'll be fine.

Any good oil analyzing people who can solve this once and for all!!?
There's really nothing to solve, that's the thing. Unless we took two engines absolutely identical to your own and ran them on engine dynos for prolonged periods of time, one engine with Mobil 1 EP and the other running Edge, we'll never really know the specifics. All we know is that both of those oils are high quality and both will suit your engine well. Choose whichever one is cheaper or whichever one draws you in for whatever reason (marketing, availability, etc).

These are your best choices. All of them are about the same............. IF you change your oil at a reasonable interval.

Let the beatings begin......

Yes - I did make the red squiggly lines because that one is just..... well, yuck.

1693188710802.png

feel like imma try castrol edge 5w30 just feels cool to try the 'german' brand

Back