Amsoil 0w-30 old vs new formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the benefits of the new formula over the old? Would it deliver better mileage over the life of the OCI due to it being slightly thinner? I am getting to the end of my old formula 0w-30 and am wondering whether to get the new formula 0w-30 or try the series 3000 5w-30. Looking for the best protection and fuel economy possible along with easy starting in temps down to -15 degrees F. Extended drains are not a problem as I run out of year long before I get anywhere near the mileage either oil is capable of. Started using synthetics because I want the cars to last as long as possible & the money saved by not making car payments will buy a lot of oil.
Steve

You can run your present S2K Amsoil beyond one year. Hopefully, you are taking it to at least 10K. I always thought that once the old formula is gone -- that's it in a nutshell. You don't have a choice of either one anymore.

I think you would like the series 3000 5-30, talk about a clean running engine...it's dual rated too. If your car is older and has some miles on it...go with the straight 30 wt. diesel oil...better price and also is dual rated...I believe it pours -46 or -56 degrees...17 bucks a gallon preferred price.

SteveU - no need for the 5W-30 HDD. Amsoil improves their formulations from time to time. The new S2K 0W-30 TSO formulation does have a bit thinner starting viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back