Amalie Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this? Unless i didn't search correctly, nothing came up here. Saw a huge display at AAP yesterday. GF5 and Dexos approved. Even renamed the Tampa Bay Lightning's arena after them. $20/5 qts for full syn.
Amalie Oil

Also sponsor a NHRA top Fuel Team , never used it , it is sold by distributors until TOJO said it was available in AAP , I shop a different parts store chain.

I don't recall seeing anything in PQIA website

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Amalie won the naming rights bid and paid millions for it.

Agree, but my point is no one I know has heard of them (since 1903???) and now they have one of the biggest sports arena in our area named after them.
Quote:
it is sold by distributors until TOJO said it was available in AAP

That would explain why I have never seen it. Amsoil's long lost cousin? LOL
Edit: Interesting that Amalie's website says all the AAP stores in my area carry it, but it is not on AAP website.

Last edited:
My 5w40 euro i use from carquest is by amalie. Is ll-01 rated to
smile.gif

Amalie is a fairly well known name. A significant auto parts supplier in my area stocks their motor and trans oils as their primary product. When I did my transmission fluid change 2 months ago I used Amalie ATF Mercon V. PQIA has tested Wolf's Head motor oils. The nearest auto service shop to me also has Amalie oils on their shelves.

Amalie is blended and packaged by Petroleum Packaging out of Tampa Florida.They even claim to make their own bottles and labels as well.They bought the Amalie name after the buyer of Kendall/Amalie from Whitco,supposibly "ignored" the name,and PP saw a chance to buy a well-known name (at least in New England).

Originally Posted By: tojo1968
Even renamed the Tampa Bay Lightning's arena after them.

Lots of money in the retail oil biz.
The Lucas Snake Oil Stadium tariff here in Indy is $122m for 20 years.

I remember it from the days of the cardboard cans that you punched the metal spout in. Never used it or Wolf's Head. We always stuck with Valvoline and Pennzoil back then. No reason, just used what Dad always bought.

L8R,
Matt

I've been thinking of trying Amalie Elixir synthetic. Its sold locally at Fisher Auto in central NY.

Amalie is available at some Federated Auto Parts stores near me. I've used it off and on over the years when it is on sale. Not much to say about it because the engines ran the same on it and other oils.

Having grown up in Tampa (left ten years ago), I was intrigued when I heard it was made and bottled in Tampa. I was initially interested in their universal ATF since I was getting ready to do a poor man's flush on my wife's car. I then started paying attention to their oil offerings as well. I placed a call to their engineering department for information on the ATF but had to leave a message. Later that day an extremely friendly engineer returned my call and talk to me for quite awhile. Had I still lived in Tampa, and had access to it, I would have given it a try. No one around me at the time carried it and shipping made it not worth my while. I'd still be open to trying both the full syn ATF and full synthetic motor oil if I could get my hands on it without much hassle.

Just finished using Wolf's Head 15w40 in my Cummins Dodge for 7000 miles. No complaints. The shop that changed my oil pan gasket put it in without asking me what I wanted to use. I checked out their PDS on the website, and it was a new formulation meeting CJ4, so I didn't lose much sleep over running it. I ran it until the oil level dropped to Add, then switched back to RT6.

Amalie was supposedly the first oil company to sell multigrade oil back in the early 50's.

Amalie says their Synthetic Universal Trans Fluid is suitable for use for Hyundai NWS6938 specification.
Don't know what suitable for use means or how it affects warranty.

Has anyone ever heard of MACH2 Synthetic Trans Fluid by Reliance Fluid Technologies in Niagra Falls, NY

Over the years I have sent emails with questions to their engineers and have always received a prompt informative response. I have used their 0W 40 synthetic and liked it but I just don't see any available near me up here anymore. I used it when was in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back