After ARX pics (DO NOT GET TOO EXCITED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys;

Looky here and click on oil stuff. I drained the ST 10W-30 with the 12oz bottle of ARX.
Like the subject says, DO NOT GET TOO EXCITED, for good or bad. The vehicle is an almost brand new 02 Z28 with only 7679 miles. I switched to ST 10W-30 at 6840 miles and added the ARX at 7009 miles; drained at 7679 miles. As you can see, there isn't any sludge or debris; the engine is still very new and has used synthetic ( mostly M1) most of its life. There is some grit (I read this is the ARX), the oil came out a little black for only 839 miles. I will send a sample of this mix to Blackstone today and see if there was anything to be cleaned up.
The reason I did the ARX in such a new engine is to flush out all the remaining break-in metals. After the drain I installed M1 10W-30 with 350 ml of Moly EP #132.
Rick

BTW, notice the tools I used to open up the ST filter.....I totally butchered the can and even cut my self in the process with the twisted pieces of metal sticking from the filter. It's ok though, somebody has to shed some blood for this country
grin.gif
patriot.gif

Rick

smile.gif
grin.gif
lol.gif
I don't mean to revel in your misery, but man, seeing all that blood made me laugh!!! It reminded me of the last time I was running my finger inside the oil pan. I didn't know I had done any damage to myself until I went to wash my hands. That finger STUNG like I had slashed it with a razor blade... over and over again. I could'a cried like a baby.

What we do for oil.... EH?!?!!

Thanks Joee12! My little girl just turned 17 months. She is a H3ll raiser.

Hey Yuk, how about you stop laughing at me now and tell me where to get the tool to open filters?
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yeah, my finger stung like crazy when I washed my hands; and yes, you are right; the things we do for oil!
freak2.gif

Thanks a lot Bob!

Last Z,

I am going rag on you too.
cheers.gif

all of those tools except the knife were made for cutting metal not flesh. You were abusing the tools!

I rebuilt an engine and rubbed without a rag in the oil pan and cut my hand all to pieces also. Not a fun thing.

Dan

[ August 22, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Dan4510 ]

Ginsu II can even cut through this tin can!!!

Except for the bloody spot, the filter looks fairly normal, which is good. I've seen some ARX filter pix with metal in them, which I don't take as a good sign.

I wonder if the blood will cause high iron readings in your UOA?

DAN4510....kinda good to hear you cut yourself too
rolleyes.gif
....i don't feel so stupid now
grin.gif

mrchecker...the filter looked very normal except for the gritty stuff, which is from the ARX.
If there is going to be high iron, is gonna be in a UOA of my blood
shocked.gif

KEN42....I have a hack saw, but didn't use it so I would contaminate the filter with shavings

Rick

BTW, I sent the ST 10w30 with the ARX to Blackstone. Needless to say, I will post as soon as I get a response from them. This is my first VOA/UOA ever, so I'm really excited.
fruit.gif

[ August 22, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

I have used a hack saw. Make sure to cut close to the end of the can, so that the filter end caps can block the filings from falling onto the filter media. When I'm not feeling particularly muscular I use a Dremel high speed drill, with fiberglass cut off disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back