AC Delco Classic Info (PF1218CL Specifically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
New to the board but I have been reading a lot and trying to learn. My question is about AC Delco Classic Oil Filters. I had always like the AC filters, and as many know they went through some changes over the years, but when I learned about the Classic filters I picked up a bunch. I am using a PF1218CL, in place of an original PF35 on a classic pickup. I have searched for info on these filters and find very little. My question is, can anyone tell me about them? I'd like to hear some details so I can compare to other filters, and maybe even the original PF35's that I liked to use for a long time.
Thanks,
Adam

Is Champ now making all of ACD's filters? I know they make the filters with an "E" suffix, but I thought Delphi still made some or most of the others...

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Don't bother with AC Delco filters. Just use a FRAM and it's all good.

I would prefer a Purolator Classic over the OCOD anyday.
34.gif

I know Fram, eCore, etc are all hot topics here, but does anyone have info on these Delco Classics? Cut one open or anything? I'd really like to know it compares to the old PF35s I liked to use.

Thanks

Adam

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ABursell
I know Fram, eCore, etc are all hot topics here, but does anyone have info on these Delco Classics? Cut one open or anything? I'd really like to know it compares to the old PF35s I liked to use.

Thanks

Adam

+1 I'd like to see that too. I use Delco Classics in my Equinox (oversized 52s versus 47s.) It holds up well in my engine and the car seems to run quieter with the delco versus any other filter I have tried

No problem. It's easier to use Google site search, type what you want to search then site: follows by the site you want to search.
For example
ACDelco cut open site:bobistheoilguy.com

My first vehicle ever was a 1978 Chevy C10, 305 V8 and 3 speed manual on the column. Although plain to some people, I absolutely love driving that truck! It still runs, but has been off the road for 2 1/2 years awaiting restoration at some point. That truck used the AC Delco PF35 for years until they changed to the PF1218. The later filter only seemed to have a plate-like cap that made the end flat. I have no idea why it was there or what it did, but the truck always ran well and oil pressure was never a problem. I generally buy my oil/filters at Wally World but noticed Auto Zone has the classic AC non e-core filters that I generally use, so I buy them there instead. I learned that prefilling vertical filters is the way to go, because my old truck would lightly knock for a couple seconds if I didn't do that. With 338,000 miles on it then, she was a little fussy on how I treated her :) . If I can find non e-core filters around I will snatch them up. The PF1218 should serve you very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back