99% at 17 microns! Purolator ONE PL14006

You're all hot on "Spec Sheets" ... so why not make it a standard for all claims? 😂

Maybe you should ping your M+H contact and see what the Spec Sheet actually says for this claimed 99% @ 17 microns PL14006. Would be interesting, yeah?

IMG_1769.jpeg

I’m thinking with the time you spent writing this ^^ comment you could have emailed [email protected] 😉
Nah ... fantastic has a direct contact who seems to respond to all of his Spec Sheet requests, where other's haven't gotten the same service. The Spec Sheets I posted earlier were from I believe fantastic sharing them in some other thread, not sent to me by Purolator/M+H. Or you could do it to backup the email from Purolator since you already have contact.

Last edited:
Already done 👍. I’ll post when / if I hear back.
Nothing against you or your enthusiasm for this thread/topic, but I feel like if this were 100% legit, Purolator marketing would have this in big bold print on their boxes, even if it were only this one specific part number that delivered these results. Then, in a 0.67 font size tucked underneath the bottom flap, you’d see the asterisk and “applies to xxxxx filter only”.

Hopefully all the naysayers (including me) are incorrect this time, but only 1 filter size that does 17 microns isn’t anything to get excited about.

1 filter size that does 17 microns isn’t anything to get excited about.
I have directly contacted every major oil filter manufacture, and inquired about to confirm the filtration efficiency for filters for specific applications. L98 engines, LT1 engines and now LS engines. I’ve never before received a response that claimed 99% at 17 microns per ISO 4548-12 .

I get that you don’t have a LS powered car so this isn’t specifically relevant to you, but there are hundreds of thousands of LS powered cars worldwide. (Not all LS engines use this specific filter - but many do).

Also, this furthers our / BITOG community’s understanding that if you’re considering a Purolator filter for your vehicle, contacting them to learn the specifics of the exact filter your vehicle uses is of value: the numbers vary per vehicle specific applications and they are willing to share details.

Because I just cut open 10 new LT1 filters to check out their construction, and I emailed all manufacturers to confirm their efficiency claims - I was not going to go thru that whole process again for the LS6 powered Corvette I just purchased.

I was just going to use what I learned about LT1 filters to inform my decision about LS6 oil filter selection.

I had decided on Fram Titanium for my LT1 and I was planning to use a Fram Titanium on my LS6.

Then, I saw this video:

He posted the Purolator LS1/6 filter is 99@20. I felt like I knew that to be false, but I thought “let me check”.
IMG_9722.jpeg

I’m thinking with the time you spent writing this ^^ comment you could have emailed [email protected] 😉
Already done 👍. I’ll post when / if I hear back.
OP toying with us? Thought you were not going to email them for the spec sheet?

For all who are interested in seeing ALL of the specification sheets for the Classic, One, & Boss I've posted them in the oil filter forum.

Last edited:
For all who are interested in seeing all of the specification sheets for for the Classic, One, & Boss I've posted them in the oil filter forum.
I personally thought it would be of value for more than one person to request info. If we anyone else gets the same info, then it’s probably not just a random customer service rep giving inaccurate info. Since this is the first time I’ve seen an claimed efficiency this good - I’m glad you corroborated. 👍

Fwiw - I’m personally not interested in the Classic or Boss. I knew those would be filtration efficiencies would be lower. Good data to have for someone tho.

I’ll be cutting open both of these new filters this evening and making a video too.

IMG_9723.jpeg

For now, I'm sticking with the Fram Endurance on my Vette, but this is promising if it turns out to be true! I'm checking which Purolator fits my LS2, just in case.

I have directly contacted every major oil filter manufacture, and inquired about to confirm the filtration efficiency for filters for specific applications. L98 engines, LT1 engines and now LS engines. I’ve never before received a response that claimed 99% at 17 microns per ISO 4548-12 .

I get that you don’t have a LS powered car so this isn’t specifically relevant to you, but there are hundreds of thousands of LS powered cars worldwide. (Not all LS engines use this specific filter - but many do).

Also, this furthers our / BITOG community’s understanding that if you’re considering a Purolator filter for your vehicle, contacting them to learn the specifics of the exact filter your vehicle uses is of value: the numbers vary per vehicle specific applications and they are willing to share details.
Rob, don’t get me wrong… I’m in no way slamming/doubting you or denigrating your efforts. I applaud them. I’m more concerned that it seems we can’t get consistent nor verifiable information from some manufacturers… @wwillson ’s issues with the Fram Ultra are a recent example as well.

I know and love the LS family; without discounting @ZeeOSix ’s healthy catalog of filter information I think the LS has several capable filters. In fact, I believe the LS filter (at least some of them) cross references the one used on my EcoBoost, the 10575 equivalent. I’ve currently got the Fram Endurance on, but if Fram has gone back to shoddy manufacturing processes I will switch as well.

On the LS side, my brother and I built something in a similar mindset as yours (but without the Lingenfelter pedigree), an LS2 block with a Lunati Sledgehammer rotating assembly (404 cubes), CNC ported LS3 heads, ported factory intake, 103mm TB, and a 244/251 duration cam with low .620s lift on both sides. In his 3800lb 2000 Camaro SS with a Turbo 400, it’s run 10.07@138 on pump gas. So yes, LS filters that are good (and verifiable) are important on my list as well. Thank you for the work you are doing. 👍🏻

Because I just cut open 10 new LT1 filters to check out their construction, and I emailed all manufacturers to confirm their efficiency claims - I was not going to go thru that whole process again for the LS6 powered Corvette I just purchased.

I was just going to use what I learned about LT1 filters to inform my decision about LS6 oil filter selection.

I had decided on Fram Titanium for my LT1 and I was planning to use a Fram Titanium on my LS6.

Then, I saw this video:

He posted the Purolator LS1/6 filter is 99@20. I felt like I knew that to be false, but I thought “let me check”.
View attachment 188646

Nice, and amazing. Must be a unicorn from the past pre M+H days. Way back in the old blue or yellow Purolator hay-days here (when Purolator stated the PureOne was 99.9% @ 20μ on their website and most boxes), there were threads here where people contacted Purolator about their efficiency, and Purolator gave the beta ratio down to 5 or 3 microns if I recall. The old threads are still here someplace.

Anyway, seeing all these recent other Purolator/M+H Spec Sheets, it seems after M+H took over Purolator, the specified efficiency wasn't even close to the old days Purolator efficiency claims for the same filter models. Point is, after M+M took over, why did most of these other PureOne Spec Sheets show 99% @ 30μ instead of the old typical 99% @ 20μ? Was it because M+H was changing the media design, or now using media used on other M+H filter lines before taking over Purolator? That's why the skepticism on this one, but seems to be a unicorn in the group per the Spec Sheet. I've used that Purolator model on my Z06 LS6 too, along with other brands.

Last edited:
Have the OEM valve springs been replaced? If not, they should be due to failure, which can bend valves and ruin heads.
I'm aware of this issue, but since it's pretty rare for 2001 Zs I wasn't too concerned. At some point I'll probably do the springs, cam and balancer all at the same time.

I'm sure you've seen this Corvette Forum thread: LINK
Failure summary: 5 for 2001, 94 for 2002, 59 for 2003, and 5 for 2004

@SubieRubyRoo that Camaro build sounds awesome! I'm not doing any performance mods to this LS6 (currently). I'm a novice track driver / autocross racer and the Z06 in it's stock form is so much faster and better handling than my 89 that I've been driving.

My immediate plans for the Z:
  • Corbeau EvoX Driver Seat
  • lower it a little on the stock bolts
  • install an Elite Engineering Aluminum Heel-to-Toe Gas and Dead Pedal
  • install a MGW short shifter
  • install and wire a receiver hitch for my Grid trailer
  • ti exhaust bypass mod
  • track alignment with 315 square speedline wheels
Then I'll drive track and autox it all year. This time next year I was thinking I'd do the cam, springs and balancer - unless I get motivated to do that sooner.

Pics below are my 89 at Dominion Raceway and my new-to-me Z. I've literally just driven the Z home from the seller and I'm going to go over it end to end, replace all fluids and filters, replace a faulty oil pressure sensor and clean the intake and throttle body while I'm in there.

@ZeeOSix I'm planning on using M1 FS 0w40 in the Z. What have you been running?
1700076061972.jpg

1700076492383.jpg

Back