55 gallon drum of oil type ?

I've used that oil for 15 years in various equipment including the Ford 1900 which I've now sold even with no motor issues at all. I've run it in my Craftsman Black Professional 24hp Briggs engine, 7hp Chipper shredder engine (Briggs) , 8 hp Protil Rototiller with Briggs engine. All without issue. I've used it in a couple of other things that just needed 30w oil and had no lubrication issues. That testing was worth every penny done to ensure reliability.

Just thought everyone would like to know how that went. And thanks to all who's input was given (and are still alive lol as I know it's been a while!) I still have about 10 gallons left in the tank to use even !

I have sent stuff from my warehouse, back to the manufacture for testing, that was older than me.

And I’m 38 for reference.

We had some old City Service stuff that pre dated the formation of Citgo, that they bought back from us to have and test.

P66 did the same thing with some historical Union material. We did a pretty crazy warehouse cleaning about 5 years ago. Found some just ancient stuff. Old Amoco products from the 70s. Etc.

Sending ancient, 'found oil', back to the refiners lab for testing is one fun thing I've never heard of before.
I love it.
Makes me wonder if there's a body of data regarding age degradation....open drums vs closed etc.

Back