5 Dollar A Month Cell Phone Plan

that $10 monthly looks good but still waiting to burn up ATT time + not as good as E-bay yearly offerings i missed, but thanks

If anyone wants to switch to Red Pocket hit me up for my cell #, they give me a credit for every referral.

I paid Red Pocket $100 for the year, 1,000 minutes of talk per month, unlimited text, unlimited data but 1 gb then it throttles down, and free Wi-Fi where you can find it that does not impact your data.

You have your choice of carriers, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile. Keep your # or switch numbers.

that red pocket sure does throttle.. more like a restrictor plate. don't use your mins to check voicemails that'll burn your mins up.

my thoughts on a $5 or 10 per month phone plan.. you get more from the medicaid or medicare gov't phone plans and they're free

when i looked theres no cheepest yearly- e-bay plans for gsma phones like i need.

still lookin + when i TRIED to contact ATT on line to stop autopay they kept saying log in was wrong etc, BUT before i start searching MVNO's account log in was EZE, i smell a RAT!!!!

when i looked theres no cheepest yearly- e-bay plans for gsma phones like i need.
The cheapest annual plan is clearly only ever available for T-Mobile. The second cheapest plan, though still marked as "all networks" on the Red Pocket website, leads to an ebay page with only a way to order T-Mobile. Seems unlikely that the AT&T SIM will be offered again any time soon, or ever. They have deleted that version entirely rather than just list it out of stock.

Capture.PNG

So, you ought to look beyond Red Pocket.

The cheapest annual plan is clearly only ever available for T-Mobile. The second cheapest plan, though still marked as "all networks" on the Red Pocket website, leads to an ebay page with only a way to order T-Mobile. Seems unlikely that the AT&T SIM will be offered again any time soon, or ever. They have deleted that version entirely rather than just list it out of stock.

View attachment 56791
So, you ought to look beyond Red Pocket.
something fishy going on with redpocket. they're not as good as they were. not to steal the original post however my issue with this cheap mvno.

i have the $10 GSMA plan 1,000min 1 gig data unlimited text. i use this plan on a burner phone basically for selling off craigslist doing side jobs etc. every time i set the voicemail up it will work for an hour then i dial back in to retreieve vm it will say password is incorrect.. leaving me to contact redpocket support and go thru a painful process where they reflash my vm i lose messages is in the inbox. its no good. whats the deal?

i personally think they don't give vm access to the by the minute plans or at least the plan i am on.

1620828436848.jpg

something fishy going on with redpocket. they're not as good as they were. not to steal the original post however my issue with this cheap mvno.

i have the $10 GSMA plan 1,000min 1 gig data unlimited text. i use this plan on a burner phone basically for selling off craigslist doing side jobs etc. every time i set the voicemail up it will work for an hour then i dial back in to retreieve vm it will say password is incorrect.. leaving me to contact redpocket support and go thru a painful process where they reflash my vm i lose messages is in the inbox. its no good. whats the deal?

i personally think they don't give vm access to the by the minute plans or at least the plan i am on.
For a burner, why not just get a Google Voice number? It's free and you get voicemail too.

i will look into the google voice.. i assume it piggybacks off your data. do you know if they offer line porting? i'd like to take my redpocket number if i decided to move over to google voice

i will look into the google voice.. i assume it piggybacks off your data. do you know if they offer line porting? i'd like to take my redpocket number if i decided to move over to google voice
Yes you can port a number to Google Voice, that's what I did with our old landline number back in the day. And it does use cellular data unless you're on wifi.

Another alternative to the big carriers that I have had very good experience with is Xfinity Mobile - only bad is its only available if you are a Comcast/Xfinity cable customer. Have been with them for almost 2.5 years now and never an issue and service and coverage has honestly been better than my time with Sprint and AT&T while also saving me quite a bit of $$$.

Unlimited talk and text, $12 per gig of data or you can just do $45 for unlimited data - it piggy backs off the Verizon network. Phones are set to automatically log into and bounce around Xfinity hotspots so even if you are away from your home or work wifi you can avoid using data if you are on a hotspot. My bill last month for ~1.55 gigs of off-wifi of data was ~$26.
So if your an Xfinity customer you can use their cell service and just pay for data?

But for a burner phone used on CL I'd just take the number GV gives you. How many CL ads do you have?
for craigslist i wouldn't care losing the number. i downloaded the app and was tooling around with it, g-voice wouldn't give me a south carolina number i will have to put a little more time into it. only reason i'd keep the number is for my customers with my side work i do.

i opted for AirVoice as one member noted, easily talk to a rep for setup + only $10 after setup with sim cards for 90 days text + talk data charged as used. i am a very light user so pay as you go works great for ME, other options as well as how we need-use a phone varies

Back