2019 Lexus GX460 (1UR-FE) Mobil 1 AFE 0w30, 7761 miles on oil

Have seens several really good UOA for Mobil 1 0W-30 in the last year or so.
I stayed away from the prior version I just didn't' like how quickly it would drop into a 20 grade. Maybe this version is better 🤷‍♂️

One thing for sure, the low additive treat rate isn't impacting wear rates at all. Arguably SP oils are even better. This is what Lakespeed Jr was saying in that video.

You don't need a ton of AW additives in these new formulations. They're balanced accordingly.

I stayed away from the prior version I just didn't' like how quickly it would drop into a 20 grade. Maybe this version is better 🤷‍♂️

One thing for sure, the low additive treat rate isn't impacting wear rates at all. Arguably SP oils are even better. This is what Lakespeed Jr was saying in that video.

You don't need a ton of AW additives in these new formulations. They're balanced accordingly.
I think this is another case where Blackstone's numbers are off though, at least for the ZDDP. Mobil Product Guide shows 760/830 (Phos/Zinc) which is considerably higher than what Blackstone is reporting, and pretty "typical" for API oils.

Back