2016 Camaro... ew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
These high beltline designs are apparently related to side impact requirements. It's ugly AND limits vision. Once again the bureaucrat defeats common sense.

Do you really think the company would decline to make its cars crash-compatible with SUVs in the absence of regulation?

The root cause is still "we the people" -- in this case, our obsession with needlessly tall vehicles.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Agree, don't like the high beltline. So ... Chrysler ! 10 years ago.

If you look closely, the camouflage makes both the front and side windows look smaller.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I've often wondered why they don't just clone the body style of a 66 Camaro or Mustang and put modern engines and electronic goodies in them.

If designers aren't continuously evolving the look of the car, or admitted that something was perfected in 1966, they'd be out of a job.
wink.gif

No worse than the current car, which is no more than a bad, blown up rendition of the 67-69 body.
If they wanted to clone an old Camaro, the '70-'78 car was at least more attractive.
I wouldn't take one of these as a rental.
That's how bad they look to me.

Well that was a "meh" moment looking at the photos. If I didn't already know it was a Camaro, I see a resemblance to the Mustang, especially from the front wheels back. I guess I was expecting yet another version of the Impala design. I doubt this will tip the scales in GM's favor in the pony car war. Thank God we have the Camaros from the 1960's in which to admire and remember. These newer ones remind me of matchbox car I used to play with when I was 6 years old.

I have two coworkers with newer Camaros. First time I sat in one I was claustrophobic right away. I could never own one and nore would I want to.

Outside design is more or less acceptable. What I find seriously problematic is failure of GM to put some nice plastic inside.
recently drove 2015 Dodge Durango, and I must say, FIAT influence is more then obvious inside. Plastic feels like you are sitting in VW Touareg. They need to do something with engines and steering feel, and Durango can go against some European SUVs.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I've often wondered why they don't just clone the body style of a 66 Camaro or Mustang and put modern engines and electronic goodies in them.

That would be SWEET!

Originally Posted By: horse123
It looks more like the design points belong on a hot pink 370z or something, not an American muscle car.

I'm guessing they probably noticed a lot of women are buying cheap base muscle cars now for whatever reason, so they made it more feminine? No idea. I would take a 2015 any day over that.

And most of them are buying base Mustangs and Camaros, not 370Zs, either. There is no watered down version of the 370Z.

Ha, face it. Most here won't like it. That means nothing to me.

This will be the best performing Camaro ever built, as it is on the same platform as the Caddy ATS.

I just hope they offer that super sweet twin turbo V6 in it as a lightweight option for those of us who like less nose heavy cars...

Could care less also, but the camaro is butt ugly, all my vehicles are GM's, it looks like a bloated toad going down the road.
31.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
This will be the best performing Camaro ever built, as it is on the same platform as the Caddy ATS.

I'd consider it. I suspect it's pricing will be pretty good. Guys who want a two door car with some pretty good performance and some good features without approaching supercar prices do have limited choices, and bumping this one out of contention would be premature.

I'm waiting to see it without camo, but doesn't look like a drastic departure from the current model. I'll looking to buy a muscle car within a year and I'll certainly test drive this one. Between the GM, Ford, and Dodge; it sure is a good time to buy a muscle car.

Why should there even be a regulation.

If losses are higher, insurance will be higher, period.

No need for government regulation.

If cars are unsafe and people want safe cars, they will vote with their wallet.

If they don't care about safety, they'll vote with their wallet for what they like.

The worst possible solution is for those "do-gooders" inside the beltway suggesting they know better than I do what I need or want.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
These high beltline designs are apparently related to side impact requirements. It's ugly AND limits vision. Once again the bureaucrat defeats common sense.

Do you really think the company would decline to make its cars crash-compatible with SUVs in the absence of regulation?

The root cause is still "we the people" -- in this case, our obsession with needlessly tall vehicles.

lol, even when I say something you apparently agree with, you write a post trying to take me to task...

I should just start agreeing with you for fun just to see how often you miss that I'm doing it. :p

Originally Posted By: Malo83
it looks like a bloated toad going down the road.
31.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.